Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: barn dog

Post Thanks / Like

Default barn dog

barn dog i'm wanting to go up to wisconsin and do some walleye fishing
    when is the best time to go, and wheres a good place to fish at?
    enjoy life while you can FISH

Post Thanks / Like

The end of march and all of April and May are good months to fish the Wisconsin river around the Wisconsin Dells area. Lake Petenwell and Castle Rock are some places that produce some goog numbers. The Wolf River Fremont Wi. area and Fox River area up by Winnebago and Winnebago Lake is pretty good also. Live bait on jigs is what I use at this time of year in the Rivers. Night crawlers , minnows or leeches six pound line and slow drift with the current. These are the areas I mostley fish for walleye in the spring. Hope this helped.

Post Thanks / Like

Pappy

A buddy and I went to castle rock last year in may. we did not try petenwell. we had a heck of a time finding keepers and avoiding the white bass. that said, the train bridge is (they say) a good area to jig and below the bridge up the yellow river arm is good for trolling. our problem was it was really windy which was not friendly to my 17.5' aluminum bass boat so we couldn't troll there. for fun (and to fill a cooler) you can catch loads of white bass below the dam with small spinners like beetle spins. good luck.