Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Everstart Maxx 29 batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Everstart Maxx 29 batteries

Hey guys,
    I've used a couple of these batteries over the years and have been happy with them. I'm now faced with one 3 year old OEM dead starting battery on my boat and I'd bet the OEM deep cycle is not too far behind. I added a third battery a couple of years ago, one of these big Everstarts. Since it is a trolling/starting/deep cycle design, I just made it the starting battery. On my boat, the starting battery also powers the bilge, livewell, and depthfinders so a dual purpose battery is probably a good idea.

SO, I'm thinking of buying two more of these Everstarts for the trolling motor (12V, in parallel).

Does anybody have any strong feelings why I should NOT go and buy two of these batteries, which are only about $67 each? The selection of other brands is rather limited around here...I run the trolling motor hard weekly in the spring and then use 'em once a week all summer long night stalking.

Joe

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had this conversation this mornin with a friend who works at the local auto parts store. Said he bought a0 "trolling thunder" battery on a previous boat, and sold the boat with that battery in it 8 yrs later, still workin fine. Sounds to me that it would be worth researching some if a battery was in your future. Ran his 24v tm with it for long days and never left him flat. Different size than conventional(less hieght-more length) but only one needed.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around