Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heads up on Slabfest Talquin fishers

whiteelephant Guest

Default Heads up on Slabfest Talquin fishers

Due to ease of access game wardens work the Lake pretty often. Good idea to have licenses and safety equipment in order. Their big joy is spotting an open adult beverage container or a thick tongued fisherman. They are fair and do a good job but work hard at it. They can ruin your day in a hurry.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

They can't ruin your day if your stuff is in order and you are doing nothing wrong.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of them writing a ticket where one was not due. They should get on thge water more!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not far from where I lived in FL was Astor, south end of lake george. They give more DUI's on the water than on land in that area. As stated, they don't give awards if they aren't due, but make sure to have all your ducks in a row. Florida in general is like that all over. Good luck to all of you who go.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Open Adult Bev

Do you mean you cannot have beer in the boat opened or not? Thats against some amendment I know!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider boating,fishing,and related activities a privilege not a right just my opinion.so I dont do anything to loose the privilege...

Post Thanks / Like

i would mutch rather enjoy a beer at home NOT ON THE WATER and enjoy fishing and gods green and blue earth on the water without clouded judgment. on the water is no place for alochol!!
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

I've always had a rule against no booze in my boat at all. If you want to party and get loaded.......... stay on the bank. I welcome any conservation officer to my boat. I usually quiz him concerning other people success.
    Can someone answer this......... Must I have a paddle in my 17.5 ft long fiberglas boat? I don't have one and have never been asked.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that you need an alternate form of propulsion. If you have a trolling motor then it would suffice. Personally I would not go without a paddle. Just like I would not drive my car or pull a trailer without a spare tire.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No beer on a boat here in Ga.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.