Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Grenada

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Grenada

Any reports, advice, places to gather info? Heard next state record could come out of there. Planning a trip down there around the first week in April. Never fished it before. How about some tips, hotspots, gps waypoints, etc. Come on gents, convince me everything I'm hearing is true. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

The next world record may come out of Grenada. It is a great lake to fish but currently it is terribly low. That concentrates the fish but also concentrates the fisherman. I don't know where you plan to stay but the city of Grenada borders the levee end and there's plenty of ramps on the south end. The ramps on the north end of the levee are out of water. On the other end of the lake there's South Graysport (North Graysport is out of water) which is easy to get to. While you're down you ought to try The Yellow Rose Restaurant if you want to taste the best catfish around. I'm not a big catfish fan but I really like their's.

catcher Guest

Hello folks. A large Crappie Club, Crappie Masters had a tournament at Grenada, Ms today and a little over 22 pounds won it...10 fish...but whats interesting....some members of a much smaller club,The Magnolia Crappie Club, won THIS TOURNAMENT and several more of those members placed very high again. Same thing happened last year. SHAME ON THE BIGGER CLUB MEMBERS....You got beat again by a smaller club.
    No hear say...i did not fish it but i was at the weigh in.

Post Thanks / Like

Catcher, where was the weigh in at? Isn't there going to be another big tournament this weekend and do you know where this one will be at? I would like to see a big string like those you talked about. Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Jigger Guest

Where did the tournament guys catch their fish? I'm planning to make a trip this weekend to Grenada. Is it to low to fish around Graysport? Will this rain cause the lake to rise very much? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

catcher Guest

The weigh in was at the Grenada Landing. The winners and several of the top finishers caught their fish trolling near the dam. A few fish were caught in the Turkey Creek area...Greysport was too low most everyone said.
    There will be another tournament this weekend the 26th, but the real deal will be Saturday April 1st there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. We can all save alot of time using your comments.
    A couple more questions.
    Where is the Yellow Rose located? Catfish will wet the apetite when ya can't get Crappie.
    When trolling near the dam, are you talking in coves or actually out in the main lake?
    What's going on April 1st?
    Thanks again

Jigger Guest

I believe the Magnolia Crappie Club tournament is the following weekend. At the current stage how deep is the water just out from the South Graysport Landing?

catcher Guest

Saturday April 2nd...Magnolia Crappie Club will be holdind a Tournament.

IN the Crappie Masters tournament, they were Trolling the Dam, near the dam in about 10 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Any updates from this week-end? (3/27/05)
    Lake levels, Water Temps, Ramp closings, etc.
    Any crappie reports??
    Thanks in advance..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast