Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Size limit on Tobesofee???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Size limit on Tobesofee???

What doe you guys think of imposing a size limit on Toby. Toby is and could be a good little lake if we allow the fish to get bigger. Lake TAlquin is a good example of this. Too many fishermen keep the smaller ones. With a 10-in size limit the numbers should increase as well as the size of fish caught. Within two years we should see more 2-lbs fish being caught. There is no doubt that the lake can produce this size because I have caught them. I am for an enforced size limit for the benefit of more fish and bigger fish..Lets talk it up guys and see if this can be done. WE would see results within a couple of years!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say no to a size limit on Tobo. If its just me going, I'll throw 'em back if they aren't big enough to filet. If my youngest son goes with me, he is 11, we are going to keep most of what we catch. Let the "Green Carp" fishermen worry about a size limit, I just want to fish and enjoy myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Size limit on Tobo

Tobesofskee is controlled by the Bibb County Parks and Recreation . If it were a DNR lake it might be different. In my opinion, they, the BCPR authority are only worried about the $3.00. A look at the launch ramp docks at Claystone and Arrowhead attest to that. That is, unless they rebuilt them during the winter drawdown. I live in Lizella and drive right by Tobo to Sinclair or Oconee simply because I zero nearly everytime there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishpro67
    Tobesofskee is controlled by the Bibb County Parks and Recreation . If it were a DNR lake it might be different. In my opinion, they, the BCPR authority are only worried about the $3.00. A look at the launch ramp docks at Claystone and Arrowhead attest to that. That is, unless they rebuilt them during the winter drawdown. I live in Lizella and drive right by Tobo to Sinclair or Oconee simply because I zero nearly everytime there.
    I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN...I LIKE TO FISH AT NIGHT SO THEY DONT GET THEIR LITTLE 3 DOLLARS..TOBY IS A GOOD NIGHT LAKE AND A GOOD FIX FOR THOSE WHO CANT GO AS OFTEN. THEY HAVE MADE SOME REPAIRS TO THE DOCK AT ARROWHEAD..DONT KNOW ABOUT CLAYSTONE.

Post Thanks / Like

It is controlled by Bibb county but I believe is still under state regs. I know I have seen DNR game wardens out there before. As for the ramps they did work on the docks some this past Winter but they put some cheap hardware on the docks. They used some cleats that look like they got at 2 for $1 and most are already broken.
    Me, my 2 boys and boat =$12 when we go. I bought a season pass for this past year. Got to set a good example for the youngsters even if I don't feel it is worth it.
    Best thing about it is that it is close and when I get skunked it ain't a long ride home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twogunkid
    What doe you guys think of imposing a size limit on Toby. Toby is and could be a good little lake if we allow the fish to get bigger. Lake TAlquin is a good example of this. Too many fishermen keep the smaller ones. With a 10-in size limit the numbers should increase as well as the size of fish caught. Within two years we should see more 2-lbs fish being caught. There is no doubt that the lake can produce this size because I have caught them. I am for an enforced size limit for the benefit of more fish and bigger fish..Lets talk it up guys and see if this can be done. WE would see results within a couple of years!!!!!
    BUDMAN