Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which bobber???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which bobber???

Whats your favorite bobber to fish over 1/16 or 1/8 jigs...So many to choose from....
    Last edited by tjl; 01-04-2008 at 10:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wagglers. Nothing else comes close.

Post Thanks / Like

Which model waggler?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    Which model waggler?
    This would be a good one in the largest size:

http://www.fishusa.com/Drennan-Giant...5BBFC281964BD6

Go to www.wackerbaits.com, float fishing section. (I can't provide the direct link.) Check out the "giant waggler" and the "drennan carp antenna".

The Thill wagglers are good, too -- available at Bass Pro, Cabela's and Fishusa.com.

These are just three sources, if you Google "waggler", you'll find more. I haven't actually bought any in a long time. I bought a TON of wagglers years ago and am still using the same ones.

If you're going to fish a jig under a waggler, I would use a 1/32 oz rather than 1/16 or 1/8. When fishing a waggler, you should put most of the weight at the base of the float. The rig will cast much better this way, and your jig will have a slower, more natural fall.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been working on using salmon corkies as a float for small jigheads. I think the 1/16 and 1/32 would work good. I use a number 8 and it worked on a 1/8th oz for about 30 minutes then stopped. I think the Lil Nipper jigs would work great like this (fingers crossed). The Corkies are alot cheaper then using ice fishing floats. I think I paid 20 cents a piece for the corkies. Gonna use them this spring hope they work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SMITTY 58D
    The Corkies are alot cheaper then using ice fishing floats. I think I paid 20 cents a piece for the corkies.
    They're cheap, but they won't show a lift bite, and they're not stable in the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good point

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco
    They're cheap, but they won't show a lift bite, and they're not stable in the wind.
    Good point. That is why i was going to use them this spring in the lake I fish. I will have a jig about 1 foot deep and they are really agressive so I dont have to worry much about the lift bite. These may not work every where but in the cove I fish they should work. I am going to also use them as a slip float for dock shooting, hope they work but I'll let you all know if they dont.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This one. http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=19609

This thread is in the archives.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.