Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tobesofkee and Lake Juliette

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tobesofkee and Lake Juliette

I had Monday off so decided to go try 'em at Toby. Nothing..Wind was off and on at the upper end..Water temp around 58-60 degrees..The fish were bunched up in 15-20 ft of water along drop offs and mouths of coves..Couldn't get them to bite anything. Tried under lower thomaston brdige and still nothing. Then went to Lake Juliette to try the timber there. Tried the cove to the right of Holly Grove boat ramp...nothing...tried the cove to the left....nothing....though the stripers were taking rods fromt he bank fishermen!!!!! I think it is still early for them to be where I want them to be. I'll give them 2 more weeks..I would like to hear more info from Juliette, High Falls, Jackson. I love to hit the big waters but my time doesn't permit the drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Never have had any luck at Juliette. It is one of the prettiest lakes around though, but pretty don't put fish in the boat. I need to start going there more because it is a lot closer to home than Sinclair or Oconee.
    Do you have much luck at Juliette twogunkid? Sounds like you fish the backend of the lake in all the timber.

crappyfisher Guest

Fished juliette yesterday before dark and picked up several large crappie and a few bass on minnows under a cork. They were in less then two feet of water and hugging the structure that is along the bank. They were definitely in hte spawning stage. Also, they were all caught in the same cove in the timber.

crappyfisher

Post Thanks / Like

Had some luck at Tobo, on Tuesday, the only thing they would hit was a minnow, that I drop shotted down to them. The bite was really soft to, most of the time it was just a little pressure and there wouldbe one on the line.

Never had much luck catching specks at Juliette. Must not be holding my mouth right or something. During the summer I wear the bream out, only problem is that you catch 10 little ones, for every keeper.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EZ1
    Never have had any luck at Juliette. It is one of the prettiest lakes around though, but pretty don't put fish in the boat. I need to start going there more because it is a lot closer to home than Sinclair or Oconee.
    Do you have much luck at Juliette twogunkid? Sounds like you fish the backend of the lake in all the timber.
    i HADN'T FISHED IT IN ABOUT 2 YEARS TIL THIS PAST MONDAY. I HAVE CAUGHT SOME BIG FISH THERE AND SOME GOOD NUMBERS. THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH JULIETTE IS THAT THERE IS SO MUCH TIMBER IT HARD TO HEM 'EM UP. YOU PRETTY MUCH HAVE TO WAIT TIL THEY HIT THE SHALLOWS TO NARROW THE SEARCH DOWN...BUT WHEN YOU DO....BRACE YOURSELF.

Post Thanks / Like

Twogunkid, I would appreciate it if you would keep us posted if you keep going . I would like to be able to say I caught something worth keeping there.
    Dutch you are right about the bream, you can catch a bucketfull of butterbeans up there.
    I know people that catch some good green carp there and the fishing for stripers and hybrids is suppose to be good too.