Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Seating Solution...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Seating Solution...

This is one option we were discussing to have side by side seating. What you see is the Mr. Crappie Double Down Seat base. The Mr. Crappie base is very nice, stainless, strong, etc but none of the 3/4"pin bases match up with the hole pattern on the Mr. Crappie base. I simply inserted a 2x8 board in between the 3/4" pin bases I wanted to use so I can move the seats off of it, etc. So I attached the 2x8 board using the hole pattern on the Mr. Crappie base and then drilled the holes in the 2x8 board for standard 6x8 3/4" bases. The seats are approx 20" high at the seat or the back of your knee. The seats are Tempress Nav Style. I shopped around and these are the best I found for the price. The quality, support and design is second to none. Very comfy, won't tip unless you do something stupid, can take out of the boat to use around a camp-fire, shore lunch, etc...I'm actually using this for the rear of my boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 01-04-2008 at 02:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

second pic

Post Thanks / Like

3rd pic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the photo's. I think by using your idea I can make something that will work in my Ranger Boat.

Thanks
    BamaMan

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

nice post. you say they are hard to tip over. they look sturdy. I was wondering if a fella was wanting to fix them to not ever turn over but still have them movable. if that could be done. I ask this question to get ya'll minds to spinning. I have to be real carefull when I am in the boat but I would like to fix a two seater. I like the concept you showed.

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a real deal --- Is there a seat post from the boat to the center base ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

good idea, my have to reconfigure mine. I have my seats mounted to the frame on the swivel bases. Works fine, but can't remove the seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Rick you know with using two seats side by side you could rig something up to store your drinks in between you or a small plastic container to hold extra hooks, pliers,weights, etc... Good set up you got there I like it. Wish I only had room in the front of my boat to do the same when I fish with my wife.

Post Thanks / Like

nice post. you say they are hard to tip over. they look sturdy. I was wondering if a fella was wanting to fix them to not ever turn over but still have them movable. if that could be done. I ask this question to get ya'll minds to spinning. I have to be real carefull when I am in the boat but I would like to fix a two seater. I like the concept you showed.

I WOULD THINK YOU COULD COME UP WITH A WAY TO ATTACH THE FEET TO YOUR DECK. THE TUBING IS OF STANDARD SIZE I'M SURE.

Looks like a real deal --- Is there a seat post from the boat to the center base ?

NO THE CENTER IS SUPPORTED BY THE STEEL TUBING. I CAN SIT IN THE MIDDLE AND I'M A FAT BOY AND IT HOLDS ME FINE ALL DAY. I CAN SIT ON ONE SIDE AND SOMEONE AS BIG AS ME CAN SIT ON THE OTHER AND IT HOLDS BOTH ALL DAY LONG. WALLY MARSHALL HAD THIS THING BUILT STRONG!!! IT WILL HOLD A LOT OF WEIGHT. IF OVER TIME IT STARTS TO BEND I CAN ADD A 4X4 POST TO THE MIDDLE AND GET ANOTHER 10 YEARS OUT OF IT!!!

good idea, my have to reconfigure mine. I have my seats mounted to the frame on the swivel bases. Works fine, but can't remove the seats.

THE WHOLE REASON I DID THIS IS SO I COULD USE THE SEATS IN ALL THE OTHER 3/4" PIN BASES ON MY BOAT. I WASN'T ABOUT TO SECURE 2 NICE SEATS TO THE MR. CRAPPIE SEAT BASE AND NOT BE ABLE TO REMOVE THEM AND THAT'S THE ONLY WAY THE HOLE PATTERN WANTS YOU TO DO IT.

Rick you know with using two seats side by side you could rig something up to store your drinks in between you or a small plastic container to hold extra hooks, pliers,weights, etc... Good set up you got there I like it. Wish I only had room in the front of my boat to do the same when I fish with my wife.

I THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BUT WHEN YOU ARE USING THE SEAT SOLO IN THE MIDDLE, THE HOLDER WILL GET IN THE WAY. I HAVE ROOM ON THE SIDE OF MY BOAT FOR A HOLDER FOR MY CLIENTS/GUESTS.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 01-04-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you put the double seater when traveling?

Sac I don't see where you would put your seats when you are going out to a spot to fish. I ask this because I have something similiar that I use and it is actually two seperate seats on stands. I take just one with me if I am alone in the front or two if me and a partner are fishing out the front. When we are heading out to our spot to fish though we take the seats and put them behind us on the rear deck while traveling. I have had the boat doing 50 mph across the water and they have not moved. I was wondering where you put your while traveling or how you secure it while traveling.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...f/100_1403.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast