Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new fish finder any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Default new fish finder any good?

Picked up a new garmin 250c today also got a garmin 72 gps to go along with it! What do you guys think of the 250c? Did alot of research before i bought it, seemed to be really useful for my fishing situations.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crash14me2
    Picked up a new garmin 250c today also got a garmin 72 gps to go along with it! What do you guys think of the 250c? Did alot of research before i bought it, seemed to be really useful for my fishing situations.
    If its Garmin, its got to be good! In my opinion that is.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Chaz Guest

Default Luv my garmin

I own a 240 and a 72 Map. If the 250 is anything like the 240, you should be pleased. I, too, did a lot of research before buying my 240. It gives great detail. Fish arches are distinct enought to provide species ID when considered along with other identifiers. I can tell the difference between schools of croaker and blue-cats in part by the arch they throw.

Customer service is GREAT, and I am not the only one who has posted that. They fixed my screen for half the flat rate after I threw an anchor through it the first week I owned it. Now that was NICE of them!
    Last edited by Chaz; 03-26-2005 at 09:06 PM.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chaz and welcome to the board. I fried my 240 twice because of high voltage and they replaced it both times for free. Great service!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va