Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Computer question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Computer question

On one of my computers I have been using to log into C.com. When I do I have noticed most times that when Ed's donation bar does not come up, I do not get in. Now I cannot get in on that computer at all now. No new software or hardware has been added. Pop up crap is the same. Any idea what might be the problem?

On the microsoft internet exployer bar up top says....not responding...and the little hour glass still running.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a NIC problem. Either the card may be failing or the drivers are corrupted some how. Try opening device manager and see if the card has a problem or needs the driver updated. Right click your network connection and select properties, then scroll down to TCP/IP and click it to open the properties for it. Be sure it is set to automatically get an IP and DNS. If it is set to manually configure, write this information down and then check the automatically aquire buttons. Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /release and hit enter. Then wait a couple seconds and type ipconfig /renew and hit enter. Then type ipconfig /all and hit enter. If you have an IP address that's good. Unless that address starts with 169, then it's not good. That would be the default IP that Windows assigns if it can't find a aDHCP server. All zeros is bad too. Then try to ping the address of your DNS server and also your default gateway. To do this type ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with the x's being the numbers in the IP address and hit enter. If that gets you nowhere type ping 127.0.0.1 and hit enter. This will tell you if your card is able to communicate with itself basically.

Post Thanks / Like

Right click My Computer and select Manage, then services and applications, then services. Scroll down to DHCP Client service and be sure it is started and set to automatic.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with some of what daves saying but I also use multiple pc's for this site and crappie.com isn't known for being 100 reliable so i never really know which if any is giving me troubles based on this site. They don't have remote reboot yet so someone has to physically go and reboot the server. I also know he who uses Explorer for a browser will ultimately regret it. Try Mozilla Firefox after you establish connection.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Mozilla before but deleted it because it is not user friendly to some games I play. Right not i'm in on this computer, grrrr it just started this. Everything comes up, but that make a donation button is the only denominator i've noticed when I'm unable to get in. It reminds me of the dial up connections when your screen freezes.

Quote Originally Posted by backtocrappie
    I agree with some of what daves saying but I also use multiple pc's for this site and crappie.com isn't known for being 100 reliable so i never really know which if any is giving me troubles based on this site. They don't have remote reboot yet so someone has to physically go and reboot the server. I also know he who uses Explorer for a browser will ultimately regret it. Try Mozilla Firefox after you establish connection.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you cleared out your temp files and cookies? Try that, it can't hurt anything. Perhaps your browser is caching an older version of the webpage and has trouble displaying it the next time.