Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: King Creek

Buckeye Guest

Default King Creek

Heading to Benton, at King Creek on the 24th, any news on crappie activity in that area. Last couple years they've been around 13' contours or stumps this time of year. Would greatly appreciate any news

Post Thanks / Like

The water level is pretty low right now but it is stable. The fish are starting to move in from the deep. With the sunny days of lately I've been doing better in water from 10 to six feet deep. The water temp has been from 44 to 46 degrees depending on how cold the night is. Start out with a Black/Chart jig with a Chart head and an orange/chart with a red head. Also Black/orange with black flake has been producing very well. The orange on this jig is the color of a pumpkin. Also have been doing good on a Lime/Chart jig with an flurescent orange head. Start out at the mouth of the bay if it has been a cold night and work your way back. Hope this helps.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Jim Bausch Guest

Default King Creek Trip

Quote Originally Posted by sixfin
    The water level is pretty low right now but it is stable. The fish are starting to move in from the deep. With the sunny days of lately I've been doing better in water from 10 to six feet deep. The water temp has been from 44 to 46 degrees depending on how cold the night is. Start out with a Black/Chart jig with a Chart head and an orange/chart with a red head. Also Black/orange with black flake has been producing very well. The orange on this jig is the color of a pumpkin. Also have been doing good on a Lime/Chart jig with an flurescent orange head. Start out at the mouth of the bay if it has been a cold night and work your way back. Hope this helps.
    Thanks alot, it really helps! Have you been tipping the jigs with a minnow? When you say start at the mouth of the bay do you mean the small bays where the different Resorts are or at or the main bay off the main lake. Also, are you looking for structure or breaks in the water depth. Hope to be fishing Friday morning, Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,
    I don't use minnows but I do use chartruse crappie nibbles. Since I started using these I have found no need for minnows. The water level is rising a little now, maybe a few tenths but they are projecting to bring it back down but not a lot. I've been doing better on the flats off of the creek channels and drops but ever now and then I'll hit a bed on a drop and it will produce. The mouth I was talking about was the mouth of the main bay. The blacks should start running shallow any day now. The temp has been really warm here. Mid 60's today with sun. I haven't fished since friday so I don't have them pinned down right now. Hope this helps.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!