Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: December Lake Greeson (AR) Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default December Lake Greeson (AR) Trip

As most of you know, my brother and I drove down to Lake Greeson in AR on Wed. the 26th. We fished with Darryl Morris of FamilyFishingTrips.com on Thursday for about 3 hours and caught some nice slabs. Thanks Darryl!!

My brother Bill with a nice fish

The "board" with our catch

Friday was a different story as two fronts moved through overnight and early morning. We caught 5 KY spotted bass between us and I caught one 10.5" crappie. Saturday was interesting. When we left the boat slip, the temp was 28F.

It's hard to see, but there is frost on the boat's windshield, front seat, and cushions.

It is not hard to see the frost on the top of the VMax, and also on the walkway to the slip, in the background.

Saturday's fishing was again slow. We each caught 2# white bass and I had another 10" crappie. Bill hooked into something early in the morning, but we never saw it. It took off and he wasn't able to even slow it down. We suspect it was a big striper, as Jerry Blake of ActionFishingTrips.com had a customer catch a 17# striper on Sunday.

Sunday was pretty much a bust. I zeroed, and Bill caught one 10" KY Spot and a fairly nice White Bass.

We loaded up and were on the road to home at 6:00 our time. We spent the night in Forrest City, AR and arrived home at 3:45 yesterday.

Overall a nice trip, even though the fishing shut off after the first day. It was the first time that my brother and I had fished together in over 25 years.
    I really enjoyed spending the time with him and making a couple of new memories.

Jill and I will be headed back down to Lake Greeson in April for Spring Crappie Camp.

If anyone is interested in a trip to Lake Greeson for some Slabs, I strongly recommend either Darryl Morris of http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/ or
    Jerry Blake of http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/

Jeff
    Skeeter Jeff
    Indianapolis, IN

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had a good trip Jeff.. Thanks for sharing..

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some good fishing and some tough fishing, but what better way other than sharing the time with your brother. Glad you guys got to hook up and go fishing together.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pictures. Melody and I will also be their in April had a blast last April with my limit in 4 hours. Great looking lake.