Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got Lights, now where?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got Lights, now where?

Now that I got some night lights for Christmas, where is a good general night area to start in warmer weather? I heard that to stay away from brush...to many snags to mess with at night. I heard that fish move up closer at night....do you anchor for the night? If you move, How long does it usually take for the lights to draw the fish in? And is there a night bite time window? Thanks for any help friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the top of the page. Click on articles read night stalking by Rango[

QUOTE=Nightprowler64]Now that I got some night lights for Christmas, where is a good general night area to start in warmer weather? I heard that to stay away from brush...to many snags to mess with at night. I heard that fish move up closer at night....do you anchor for the night? If you move, How long does it usually take for the lights to draw the fish in? And is there a night bite time window? Thanks for any help friends.[/QUOTE]
    Today is a great day

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prowler, the advice on reading Rango's tips is probably one of the best you'll get. Also, visit the SC board and post your nite fishing questions and they'll help answer you. Those guys oin that board have been at the night game for a long time and know alot of secrets that will save you alot of time.

As for me, I scout. Every time I plan on fishing that nite and have an extra hour or so I'm idling around checking spots for the next time to go to. What I look for are deep/steep banks bottoming out at 25-35' deep. Preferrably near chreek channels and away from standing timber. Sometimes I fish the mouths of coves. Somestimes I'll tie up in timber and tightline. I prefer NOT fishing over brush/wood but as you know the fish are there most times. I've sunk a few condos and do fish "near" 'em and do alright. I guess what I'm getting at is keep looking until you find that one honey-hole. You'll know when you find it. Then, keep looking for another, then another.

When I have made my mind up where I am gonna fish I stay put whether they bite or not. Sometimes they'll hit right away but most times it usually takes 30 minutes to an hour atleast before they get started. And if you move a couple times during the night you gonna waste alot of time where you might have been catching fish on that first set up. It's alot of trouble to take down all your rods, pulling anchors, and removing lights to move once youre set up. Since I live so close to the lake I usually fish one spot and head to the house whether I catch 'em or not. I usually go a couple times during the week and I dont fish past 10PM since I go to work the next morning. Hope this helped a tad.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.