Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tobosofkee Report 3-14-05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tobosofkee Report 3-14-05

I went to Tobo today, got there at daybreak, kinda cool air temp was 43*. Water temp wad 56* in spots and 57/58 in some coves. Found fish still staging in 18 feet of water in the mouths of creeks and coves. Wind was up but died down aroun 11 am. Tried trolling but no luck, so decided to drop shot minnows on concertrations of fish I found. That did the trick, I caught 16,....10 males, 6 females. All were good eating size, but no slabs. The males have barely got any sperm sacs and of the females only 2 had close to fully devoleped egg sacs. The rest had eggs, but real small.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    I went to Tobo today, got there at daybreak, kinda cool air temp was 43*. Water temp wad 56* in spots and 57/58 in some coves. Found fish still staging in 18 feet of water in the mouths of creeks and coves. Wind was up but died down aroun 11 am. Tried trolling but no luck, so decided to drop shot minnows on concertrations of fish I found. That did the trick, I caught 16,....10 males, 6 females. All were good eating size, but no slabs. The males have barely got any sperm sacs and of the females only 2 had close to fully devoleped egg sacs. The rest had eggs, but real small.
    Interesting indeed...they are still pretty deep out there too it looks like!!!

Crazy weather!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>