Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fat Boy fishing seats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fat Boy fishing seats

So, I'm a really large guy (nearly 300 pounds), and I'm trying to find a good fishing seat setup. Anyone have some suggestions for seats, poles and bases that can take some abuse and not break, warp, crack, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

SAS seats! Weezer has them in his boat and they are nice.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Richard W. put me on to the SAS seats. Recommended due to back problems and size of person. I have two brand new SAS seats-triton listed in the Swap Meet - Classified Section that I have as extras from the purchase of a TA-196.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

since your 300# you can handle the teasin
    the anwser is a old barber chairs big pedestals and way wide and plenty of cushion

al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haugboss
    since your 300# you can handle the teasin
    the anwser is a old barber chairs big pedestals and way wide and plenty of cushion

al

Hey I saw a guy trolling in an old ski boat this summer with a small recliner in the front of the boat. Don't know how many fish he was catchin but he looked comfortable. I was laughing so hard I forgot to take a picture.

I have used Cabelas big man seats they are wide enough and deep enough but they lack in the padding .

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

6'2' 275lb. I use a one piece molded metal tractor seat with 3in.seat cusion. with arm rest. a little heavy but verry safe and reliable... broke to many of those alu.seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man
    6'2' 275lb. I use a one piece molded metal tractor seat with 3in.seat cusion. with arm rest. a little heavy but verry safe and reliable... broke to many of those alu.seats.
    Hey, that's one heck of an idea beagle man. I just can't bring myself to pay as much for one of those SAS seats as I did for the entire boat that I'm working on.

Post Thanks / Like

I weigh about 330 and I've never had a problem with the 25 dollar Wal-mart seats or the bases.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fessum
    I weigh about 330 and I've never had a problem with the 25 dollar Wal-mart seats or the bases.
    the guy I fish with a lot sits in one of the BPS seats and he is good size feller .he doesn't have any problems,seems like some people just sit lighter no mater what there size. I use two forearm crutches and have a tendency to sit down real hard.. and I lean back a lot and stretch out the ole wore out legs.. maby that's why I tear up them seat's so fast....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mud-Dabber
    Richard W. put me on to the SAS seats. Recommended due to back problems and size of person. I have two brand new SAS seats-triton listed in the Swap Meet - Classified Section that I have as extras from the purchase of a TA-196.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber
    I have one of the SAS seat that I purchased from Cabela's and I really like it but I only weigh 200lbs. I got it right after I had my 2nd back surgery.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast