Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Fork 2nd Annual Crappie Team Tournament

Mark Howard Guest

Default Lake Fork 2nd Annual Crappie Team Tournament

Just wanted to extend an invitation to anyone who might want to fish our crappie team tournament this year. The tournament will be held on Lake Fork reservoir at The Minnow Bucket Resort on April 16th, 2005. It is a team entry fee of $75.00 with up to three members per team. All cash prizes are guaranteed for the top ten places. Including an impressive $1000.00 first place check. Their will be lots of door prizes as well as a fish fry to follow weigh-in. Lake Fork is an excellent crappie lake and the mid April date will nail the spawn on most of the Lake. Last year was our first tournament and we had 104 fishermen divided into 42 teams that competed for the $3025.00 purse. Their were fishermen from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas and Missouri with several of the out of state fishermen finishing in the top 10. We would like to see you their. For more info, rules and entry forms log on to www.calvarytemple-mesquite.org Look forward to hearing from you. Mark Howard/Director Men's Ministries (214) 773-5451

Post Thanks / Like

good luck with your tournament. BTW What State is Lake Fork Resevoir located in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Howard
    Just wanted to extend an invitation to anyone who might want to fish our crappie team tournament this year. The tournament will be held on Lake Fork reservoir at The Minnow Bucket Resort on April 16th, 2005. It is a team entry fee of $75.00 with up to three members per team. All cash prizes are guaranteed for the top ten places. Including an impressive $1000.00 first place check. Their will be lots of door prizes as well as a fish fry to follow weigh-in. Lake Fork is an excellent crappie lake and the mid April date will nail the spawn on most of the Lake. Last year was our first tournament and we had 104 fishermen divided into 42 teams that competed for the $3025.00 purse. Their were fishermen from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Kansas and Missouri with several of the out of state fishermen finishing in the top 10. We would like to see you their. For more info, rules and entry forms log on to www.calvarytemple-mesquite.org Look forward to hearing from you. Mark Howard/Director Men's Ministries (214) 773-5451
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose...

Quote Originally Posted by Moose1am
    good luck with your tournament. BTW What State is Lake Fork Resevoir located in?

Lake Fork is in Texas, and is known as one of the premier big bass lakes in the U.S. If you draw a line between Shreveport, LA and Dallas, TX, go to the approx. center of that line (around Tyler) and go Northwest about 30 miles, the lake is in the shape of a "v", hence the name Fork.

Too bad it coincides with our N vs S Tournament date Apr. 16....

Mark Howard Guest

Thanks Moose I believe we will have a great tournament. As labill stated it is about 70 miles east of Dallas and is considered the premier bass fishing lake in the world. But it is also one of the most consistant crappie fisheries in this part of the south. You just have to be careful when reeling in a small crappie as these largemouth will try to eat them on their way to the boat. I have personally had this happen and have spoke to others that had the same experience. It is also a top-notch catfish and bream lake. But the LMB,s get all the respect. I believe that times are changing and I can see the crappie getting more respect in the south.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, Mark....

I think the pendulum is swinging the other way. I have many friends that have quit bass and started crappie fishing, as I have myself. In watching the Bassmaster's Tournament, it's easy to see the pros (at least the younger ones) have dropped the time honored respect for other contestants, and almost run over them to get to his spot. Personally, I find that disgusting, and I would feel the same way if crappie fishermen did the same. I know the money is big, but I think "sportsmanship" should be foremost (under safety) in even the high dollar tourneys, and the officials should have rules to prevent it and levy penalties for the offense.

Good luck with your tournament, Mark. Hope everyone has a great time.. :D

Mark Howard Guest

Did I say lots of door prizes?

Mark Howard Guest

Have you sent in your entry form yet. So far only three early entries. prize money is guaranteed. You don't want to miss this tournament.