Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Searching for new water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Searching for new water

Hey All, Happy holidays!!

Cabin fever has set in and santa stuffed my sock with all kinds of fishing gear. Anyway. Im located in the bronx and have found a few good water holes that hold crappie close by. I mostly fish out of a canoe in small water.

I did good on rockland lake catching coolers full of perch and bass but no slabs. Looking at the lake map guide santa gave me it seems like there is alot of water but restricted. I have my DEC res permit btw, my canoe is registered so i can use a small trolling motor if i want to.

Anyone recomend a good body of water that isnt 100 miles out to fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Water

Try going to Monroe lake in Monroe N.Y. an hour from the Bronx.I was born and raised in Brooklyn and caught some huge Bass and Crappie in that lake.I'm not sure if boats are allowed but you can fish most of the shore line with ease.I use to catch alot of Crappie under the route 17 bridge. Hope this helps.
    Old man hemi

Post Thanks / Like

Come on upstate!!!! Lots of places to get into some slabs. State record came from Duck Lake about 40 miles West of Syracuse.

Icehole Guest

If your keeping coolers full of Bass please stay in the city.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol The green carp are fun to catch but im more of a pan fisherman. Born and raised in middle TN. Im only here because i work for the Board of Ed in the big city. Rockland lake at the park ha been good for me so far. Its a bit of a trip with my canoe but is doable. Twin lakes and Sheldrake lake in new rochelle have been good on foot around the banks. Not sure if you can car top to these. I have seen some people out on the water there. Not sure, if you have any info let me know.

The last time i was at Sheldrake, there was a group from the city "loud" useing snaging hooks catching 5lbs+ bass. Yea i called it in and they got hammered.