Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak ZD710

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kodak ZD710

does any one have 1 of these cameras? if so how do u down load the pics off the camera straight to the pc, bypassing the kodac software?
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you just need a card reader. I have a g6 and thats what I do
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

where do i get 1 and how much will i spend
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

any electronics store should have them. There are allot of style. The one I have reads six different type of cards. The price should be under $20. It will make things a hole lot easier.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

i got it figured it out, open east share, select tools, select preferences, select transfers, browse for the file u want, select apply then ok.when u dn load the pics should automatically go to the selected file. illtry it and let u know
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

it worked
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the same software. The reader is the way to go. My reader stays hooked up to usb. Take the card out , put in the reader and file your pictures. That easy
    CVA62.....64-68

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hook up your usb cable to the camera. Turn camera power on and put the camera in a pic review mode. goto to my computer and double click it (open it). You should see the camera as a drive letter here in the my computer window. double click the camera icon. this opens the camera window. Copy and past pictures you want to where you want. Delete the ones you don't want. etc. The camera looks like another memory drive to Windows.

This should work on any camera with a usb port.

Forgot to mention to close (X) any auto run program that pops up.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 12-30-2007 at 01:19 AM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Learn to use windows explorer and toss any software that comes with your camera. One you learn it its way easier and the same for any camera on any windows PC in the world. One of the first things I teach any of my computer customers when I'm helping them. It goes a long way to helping you understand and move files and folders in your computer.

start - accessories - windows explorer

I suggest making a desktop shortcut for it, because once you learn to use it, it will become one of your most useful programs.

Most newer computers and printers come with installed media card readers. Before you go buy one better make sure you don't already have one if your equipment is newish.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

GRIZZ, Your right and the reader just makes it easier. Pop your card in and your there. Just drag and drop. All I do is rename the folder. It's also used to save my waypoints to the pc.The other thing is always backup your files. I've made that big mistake before. And after I'm done I reformat the card from the reader. Also don't throw the cannon software away. My wife used my camera once and changed the settings. You could see the images on the camera but the pc could not read them. I had to hook up the camera to the pc and read them throw the solfware. Then transfer them. Only happened once
    Last edited by crip47; 12-30-2007 at 07:42 AM.
    CVA62.....64-68

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast