Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How close is to close?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How close is to close?

Guys, i'm asking this question, how close is to close for another crappie boat, "unknown occupants" to get to you. i had a friend at work who had his jacket jerked from one of his seats into the water. i think thats a little to close. but how about when you are on top of a pile you found, or put out and another boat just comes up and bumps you and fishes. i'm sorta new to crappie fishing, been at it less than a year serious, i understand during certain times of the year when the crappie are really bunched up on the channels, you can litterly walk from boat to boat, though i have never seen that many. thanks guys. jm

Post Thanks / Like

If they were close enough to snatch a jacket out of the boat...they were close enough to get intodruced to a boat paddle whipping:D Some folks are real jerks. No way would I crowd in on somebody else fishing unless they invited me. I try to stay around 50 feet away. If I am anchored down and they come in on my I fist politely ask them to back off. If they don't or act like real jerkoffs...I promise that nobody will catch any fish I have a low tolerance level for idiots.
    Gone Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say the 50 ft rule would be sufficient.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but man, that's kinda funny imagining that jacket flying off attached to the end of someone else's hook.
    Dude, your cork's under.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When you snag a jacket out of a boat YOU are too close. I can't imagine that happening here where I fish. Somebody would get a good talking to.

Post Thanks / Like

it amazing how many people think they own the lake, mostly new people to the sport, some bass fisherman will blow right in on you cast 5 times and blast out, and because they paid in enter a tourney my fishing hole is fair game to him. how about legalizing paint ball as a defense, I would smile everytime I marked a boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider04
    how about legalizing paint ball as a defense, I would smile everytime I marked a boat.
    Awesome idea.
    Dude, your cork's under.

Post Thanks / Like

got to handle each situation on it's own merrits but be careful who you challenge,some people are just plain crazy... myself no one can fish to close to me. no exceptions.no problems. I just dont care who fishes where or how close. but I will not go in on some one unless I am asked. and them I usually dont... most lakes are big enough that a fuss just isnt worth it....

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it aint that way down here on my lake. I think 50' is WAY too close. There's a whole lake out there. You aint gotta bump boats to catch fish.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Courtesy

I think it depends on the individual day, structure and people involved. I have fished a hot piece of cover with another boat 20' away, no harm-no foul. We all caught our fish, hung each others lines, and chatted back and forth and had a ball doing it. Some structure is set up where there can be many approaches, and many boats can all fish and not get in each others way. However, some people have the jetski mentality that if its wet, it's mine and show no respect for others. I'll spare y'all the college kids water skiing story, but they showed no respect either. I think that you can tell if you're close enough to step on someones toes, and should ask if they mind. We all pursue the same thing and all of want to enjoy our day, fish in the boat or not. A little thought goes a long way
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

If they get within 20 ft of me they better be tossin a beer/ people know better than that some you just have to remind

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast