Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird depth finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird depth finder

Does anyone use the Humminbird 565 and if so how do you like it . I just installed one on my boat but haven't used it yet and just wanted to hear of any pros and cons about the unit . It has the same pixels as the Matrix 37 and a temp guage but a little cheaper that was the deciding factor in my decision .
    Thanx for any reply Jeffro
    JEFFRO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFRO
    Does anyone use the Humminbird 565 and if so how do you like it . I just installed one on my boat but haven't used it yet and just wanted to hear of any pros and cons about the unit . It has the same pixels as the Matrix 37 and a temp guage but a little cheaper that was the deciding factor in my decision .

I am sure you will not like it, in fact you should remove it and sell it and get a good unit. If you sell it cheap (yard sale prices) let me know so I can buy it been wanting one. I have a Humminbird 400TX on my trolling motor and wanted the 565 or the Matrix 67 for the rear of the boat.

You should remove it before using it so you do not find out you like it.

Good luck with your new unit.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I think that Fatboy put a new huminbird on his boat. I can't remember the exact model number but I think it was very close to the one you are asking about. 5XXX series.

I wish I had an extra 500 bucks laying around to get that new Matrix 47D.

I noticed in the new BBS marine Catalog that I received in the mail the other day that they were showing some 9XXX series humminbirds that do the Three Dimentional Picture view (It's actually a 2 dimentional display that is using 3 D Drawings of the bottom on the screen).

I can't find anyone talking about these new 3D type humminbird depth Sounders and can't figure out why. Either they are too expensive or everyone wants "MIKEY" to try them first like me. LOL

I do think that humminbird has been a great company as far as their past products and their past service for my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFRO
    Regards,

Moose1am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They had a 3D unit years ago and I ran out and got one. Back then I thought I just wasted some more money because I wasn't overly impressed with it. That was a long time ago and technology has come a long way, so who knows?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I remember those first 3D unit that Humminbird sold. Then for a few years they vanished off the market. Now they are back with the Matrix47d and now the 9XX series are going with the 3D display screen pictures also.

I think that the new muliscanning type transducers may hopefully make them work better..

They must have sold some Matrix 47D's last year as they went with this new technology in the more expensive units this year 2005.

What exactly did you not like about the unit that you ran out and got? The screen shots on that unit in the catalogs back in the early 1990s didn't look much different than the current screen shots in the BPS and Cabelas Catalogs.

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    They had a 3D unit years ago and I ran out and got one. Back then I thought I just wasted some more money because I wasn't overly impressed with it. That was a long time ago and technology has come a long way, so who knows?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The best I can remember is they didn't give a true picture of the bottom. For instance a large stump would appear more like a exagerated hill instead of a stump. There could be a fish on one side of the "stump" and you wouldn't see it unless you changed the view. The book did tell you this could happen. It got to the point I just left it in a conventional view and didn't even use the 3D function. Like you say, the new multi-scanning features of newer units has got to make a big difference. I'll just let others do the testing this time.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Humminbird

I have the 535 and think it is great! You can even see the branches on a brushpile with the enhanced darklines. I also have the older 3d humminbird mounted on my trolling motor, it works fine in 8+ft of water but gets unreliable in shallower stuff. So, I just troll around with the 535 and look at all the fishies. I use a Garmin legend color GPS to make more permanent marks of piles and channels (tracking feature) and to check my speeds.

Post Thanks / Like

I am waiting for someone near me BASSPRO perhaps to get the 900 series in I am told that they are exceptional in every way with the 980 something being the bomb but they are really up there in price I played with the 97 and it looked great their website show lots of details on the 900 series has anyone here seen one live yet???

Post Thanks / Like

Jeffro. I put a new 565 on a while back and am very happy with it. I replaced the Lowrance x-65 i had with it and am very pleased. I am sure there are better, more expensive, color, gps etc. fishfinders out there, but for the money I am happy with it and it does all I need it to do. Very, very accurate on its readouts and I love the wide screen. My opinion, take care.

Post Thanks / Like

I just put a Hummingbird Matrix 37 on my boat and I like it fine so far. I haven't figured out all of the features on it and I am just using the generic mode so far. I have found some fish with it. Now, if I can just get them to bite! I paid $280 for my 37 and figure it was money well spent.