Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I fixed my outboard but not sure how :|

Post Thanks / Like

Default I fixed my outboard but not sure how :|

Some of you may have seen my post about a month or so for help on fixing my motor. Well today was the first time I had to check things( not sure what to check with no knowledge on outboards). Anyway it would not start one morning at the launch after running great 2 days before. Today I turned it over and same as before it would turn over but not start. I noticed some liquid in the bottom of the motor case and thought it was water but it was gas. I took the breather off of the carb and cleaned it up, there was gas pooled in the bottom of the breather. I decided to turn it over again to see where the gas may be coming from and it started on the 2nd turn. I put the breather back on and it started and ran fine. What could it have been to cause it not to start? I do not want to get it out on the lake and it not start again, but would hate to put it in the shop for no reason. Thanks for everyones help,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Default help

probably flooded

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Flooded

Probably got fooded & gas saturated the breather filter, causing the mixture (air/fuel) to be too rich to start. Once it got going it could handle it. I would clean/change the air filter. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Stuck float or trash in the needle.

Best rebuild the carb before you have trouble on the water. It's only a matter of time...

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want the advice of professionals, go to Iboats.com. This is a free forum put together by trained, working marine mechanics from all over the country.It helped me. I posted one problem and was responded to by no less than 5 pro's.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around