Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ boat ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ boat ramp

I want to fish the Niangua arm and looking for a boat ramp between Ha Ha Tonka and Hwy 5. Can any one help me?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Duane, There is a ramp at Roach. On how to get there I can get you close I have not been to this ramp but I do know where to turn.

Get on 54 and head west towards Haha Tonka, cross over the lake, up the road about a mile or so. On the right hand side is the turn off. It is maked with a brown and tan sign saying lake access. From this point I am lost, but I am sure if you take your time and look for the signs you wont get lost. Look at mapsource that on your computer it should show the ramp and the road to it.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

lots of private/pay a fee ramps in that location. Pick one and pay the fee.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a free one in that area that we all payed for already. Why would you pay to use a private ramp when there is that one.

Duane,
    Found some better directions from Conservation homepage

How to get there:
    Larry R. Gale Access is 4 miles west of Camdenton on Highway 54, then 2.5 miles north on Route AA. At the Fire Department Station turn onto Koehler Road (AA 101) and go 1 mile to Larry R. Gale Drive (AA-101D). Watch for signs.

Here is a map to the ramp. http://mdc.mo.gov/documents/area_brochures/8703map.pdf
    Last edited by TAE73; 03-16-2005 at 10:37 AM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

that's the ramp that i always use. good location and the best thing of course is that it is free. also, plenty of parking and a loading dock.
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"

Post Thanks / Like

Well if the owners are friends and don't charge you why not use it! Especially if it is closer for you and the fishing! You ask for some alternatives. Me, I use Grandpa Jims ramp and socialize with Jim and Dorothy when I'm done fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont mind hearing alternatives, but at least say where there at! Telling someone to use "ramp x" and not where is at doesnt do anyone any good now does it?
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, private ponds, private ramps..................what next?