Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Movin Shallow Yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Movin Shallow Yet?

Over the past few weeks crappie have been hitting in about 8-10 ft of water. Weekend before last I went out and ended up catching bass in the shallows, and was wondering if crappie had moved higher yet.

I've been reading reports that have said people are catching them anywhere from 2-20 feet. Only 18 feet of variance there.

Where have most of yall been catching fish at, depth wise and structure wise?

Are they spawning yet? The bass are preparing to I think.
    πνεύμα γέμισα

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon it would depend where you live. They may be spawning down south in Alabama or Georgia but it may be a month before they do up here in the Land of Lincoln.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FroMan
    Over the past few weeks crappie have been hitting in about 8-10 ft of water. Weekend before last I went out and ended up catching bass in the shallows, and was wondering if crappie had moved higher yet.

I've been reading reports that have said people are catching them anywhere from 2-20 feet. Only 18 feet of variance there.

Where have most of yall been catching fish at, depth wise and structure wise?

Are they spawning yet? The bass are preparing to I think.

Down here in GA, I just fished West Point, and they haven't really moved in all that shallow yet......we were catching fish between 7 - 10ft in 20 - 25ft of water.....so I think they will still be heading in a little further soon....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

on Sam Rayburn Lake they were biting in 2ft of water. I heard that a very special crappie fishermen was down there fishing in just 2ft of water. He fished the Wally Marshal style of wading in the shallow waters to catch 20 something crappie in about one hour and they were all over 10" long. The water temps were 63 deg F at that time. Makes you want to go out and buy some waders and hit the banks doesn't it? Just watch out for snakes in the bushes. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spawn

Here in central Florida Ocala national forrest they are still yet to spawn but they are fat big time with eggs so I expect the next fullmoon to begin the frenzy here atleast. The 25th or 28th of this month I'm pretty sure

Post Thanks / Like

Watch for the dogwoods to bloom.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Their Still In The 8-10 Ft Range Here.water Temps In The Hi 40s So Its Gonna Be Awhile!heck There Callin For Cold & Snow That Will Really Mess Them Up!!alot Of Females Are Ready To Bust---just Waitin To Head In!!! Good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

RED BUDS are what I look for around here. When I see red buds, I get all giggly!!!!
    Shoals Area Crappie Association