Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canepole's Secret Toy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canepole's Secret Toy

A little bit better size comparison shot. Sorry for the glare. Few more pics on Tennessee board. FATBOY
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fatboy; 12-28-2007 at 09:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ashamed to have to ask this........ but........ what is it? I can't tell.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to figure out what kind of laptop that is from a while back and the mount. Almost looks like a Tough Book but not quite?
    WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMN
    I've been trying to figure out what kind of laptop that is from a while back and the mount. Almost looks like a Tough Book but not quite?
    WarrenMN
    The laptop is a see anywhere (sunlight viewable) tablet in an OtterBox. It is touchscreen and very similar to the toughbook. I use it as a mapping gps and also can use it as a dual frequency sonar with the Cruz Pro pcff80 beta. I can open multiple windows and run all the programs simultaneously.

I enjoy my gadgets.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. There's one kind of laptop I thought I'd be seeing more of but haven't. General Dynamics bought them out but I can't think what its called. I was wondering if that was it. I'll have to check out that Otter box.
    WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole you obviously have too much money........... Well, at least more than me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Canepole you obviously have too much money........... Well, at least more than me.
    I don't necessarily buy all this stuff. I perform field evaluations on some equipment and write engineering evaluation's about the products performance.

My evaluations are not like these tackle evaluators (In-Fisherman,etc.) I am tough on these evaluations, but I am fair. I feel the same about the fishing electronics stuff. If I find faults, I am going to speak out. I don't care who does or doesn't like it. It is my (our) money (we the fishermen) and I want my monies worth, not crap and quick fixes (rigging). They are not our friends. The want our money. That is bottom line. Period.

I guess I will never make Pro Staff. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenMN
    Interesting. There's one kind of laptop I thought I'd be seeing more of but haven't. General Dynamics bought them out but I can't think what its called. I was wondering if that was it. I'll have to check out that Otter box.
    WarrenMN
    http://www.motioncomputing.com/produ...et_pc_le17.asp

I think Ram Mount is making the covers now, not otter box. You can buy these units from Dell or direct. They are tough. As soon as a solid state hard drive is available, Motion Computing is sending me one for field trial. The HDD in this unit is shock mounted but still motor driven. It is a tough unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Goin Canepole Have Fun & Give The Lord All The Praise

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, when they get the SSD's down in price to where they compete with a regular hard drive it'll be a big boon to the failure rate of laptops. I see Sandisk and a couple of other Taiwan companies have gotten them up to 64 and 128 gb now.
    I booked marked that link, never know. It looks a lot like the Panasonic PDRC in their adds but I've never seen one in person. Most of what I help the guys set up have been refurbished Panasonic CF-18 tablets. I myself use either of an old CF-27 @ 300mhz to make sure the software will run on that slow a machine or my little CF-M34. I use Doskocil pistol cases for carrying them around and shipping, but have a rotatable cabinet in the boat I run them in just to be sure of their safety. They say you can drive a Jeep over them but I'm not one for taking a chance to prove it or not.
    WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast