Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished Wylie last nite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Wylie last nite

Got started alittle late after wastin some time lookin for someone I was suposed to meet last nite. Finally went to the spot where I caught some big fish the last coupla times out and got set up just after dark. Stayed with it for 3 1/2 hours. Started slow and stayed that way. Caught a 4lb catfish that got 3 lines tangled together. Landed the cat and was sorting out the lines when I noticed there was tension on one of the lines. Couldn't reel it in so I brought it in by hand. Had a 14" crappie on it and I was glad that I had put a second net in the boat. Ended up catching 10 crappies--6 slabs, 2 10-11 inchers and 2 taterchips--the catfish, a brim and a 2lb 4oz white bass. The wind gave me some trouble while settin up so I was off my hole alittle bit. Don't know if that was the cause of the slow bite or if it was just a change in pattern. Never really seemed to get the bait up good.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats not such a bad night in the end huh?Id like to lay into 'em this weekend but theres no way Im going anywhere near that lake.I've already heard carbon monoxide warnings will be in effect for the weekend from all the boats.Till next week.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

slab_seeker Guest

Default kunes

Kunes, looks like Rango's double netting system has rubbed off on you. By the way, nice catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunes
    Got started alittle late after wastin some time lookin for someone I was suposed to meet last nite. Finally went to the spot where I caught some big fish the last coupla times out and got set up just after dark. Stayed with it for 3 1/2 hours. Started slow and stayed that way. Caught a 4lb catfish that got 3 lines tangled together. Landed the cat and was sorting out the lines when I noticed there was tension on one of the lines. Couldn't reel it in so I brought it in by hand. Had a 14" crappie on it and I was glad that I had put a second net in the boat. Ended up catching 10 crappies--6 slabs, 2 10-11 inchers and 2 taterchips--the catfish, a brim and a 2lb 4oz white bass. The wind gave me some trouble while settin up so I was off my hole alittle bit. Don't know if that was the cause of the slow bite or if it was just a change in pattern. Never really seemed to get the bait up good.