Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain Anybody???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain Anybody???

I realize the fishing has been tremendous at LOZ, but since I live in Hannibal, MO it is a tad too far to drive this time of year. Plus it sounds like the crowds may be getting thicker after the article in the Springfield paper. I would like to fish Mark Twain Lake, but I have never fished the lake this time of the year. Where should I concentrate at on MTL this time of year? I don't need GPS coordinates just a finger point in the general direction, or if you are feeling generous you can take me right to your secret spot and you can even blind fold me if it makes you feel better. I prefer the finger point, but hey I'll take whatever advice I can get. THanks again.
    Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never fished in the winter or cold weather anywhere much less MTL but according to the article I would try the bridge pilings and the bluffs. During the other seasons I usually put in at South Fork since my place is just out of Paris. I think the bluffs just up from the state park single boat ramp would be a place to try or either of the bluffs on the opposite banks depending the way the wind blows. I'd like to know how anyone does.
    I would like to try and take a run down to Reelfoot. I like that lake even though I have not slayed them there.
    Let us know how you do and if I get brave I'll report.

Post Thanks / Like

Default mark twain lake

I will give you a report from MTL as I am going to give it a try on Sunday. Thanks for the advice on where to start. With the weather this weekend someone ought to catch something.
    thanks.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

were you able to get out?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, where's our Mark Twain update?