Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing logs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing logs?

Looking for a fishing log? Anyone know of a good one that will allow lots of info on crappie fishing?
    The more info the better, And also one that has search built in? I know there has to be some good ones out there.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Here's where I get mine. I print this out, make copies, and put them in a binder. It has all the info I need to record for crappie fishing. Its great to look back on them and see what worked and what didn't, and adjust your fishing from there.
    http://www.crappiefishingusa.com/FishingLog.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Great format Cooter!

I use to keep all that info for bass fishing, but instead started taking digital pictures of fish and the lures they were caught on. In the folder name I include date and lake; I text into each picture where the fish was caught (north, n.east), etc, and any structure (ie hump, wall, dock).
    I also take a group shot of all the lures that excelled and include my partner's lures.

A picture is worth a thousand words and definitely is needed for aging memories. A good idea is a tragic thing to lose and I've lost a fair share!

for example:

The folder containing it (and a dozen other pictures of the areas fished) was named: May 14 2006_Orange L_n end_school_4 feet.

The picture tells me it was a hybrid creation and which parts were used; that it was on a jighead and that the new design worked well. I wouldn't include a lure that only caught a few fish. Most of the other lures pictured also caught crappie, which is to be expected around the spawn.

Here's another:
    Last edited by Spoonminnow; 12-28-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I am looking for a program to use on the PC. Easy to track what is working after using it for a few years.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Cooter. I have been handwriting similar info in a notebook for years to use for tournaments. That sheet will save me a ton of time. If anyone comes across the program ShilohRed is looking for, that would be a huge asset.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used this one but plan to download the trial version and see how it does:

http://www.fishinsight.com/index.htm

It appears to have everything you want.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Keith.
    I am down loading that one to try. Down loaded one other today. And it was more for salt water fishing.
    Thanks again.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one I use & love it!

http://mcmsoftware.tripod.com/fol2002add.htm