Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New member needs help posting

Post Thanks / Like

Default New member needs help posting

Lunker is a new member but can not post to the forum, he can send pm's but can not post. After signing up he never rec'd the e-mail to complete registration. Can anyone advise on what he needs to do ?

Post Thanks / Like

He needs to PM Edhead and let him know of his problem. I can tell you from experience that Ed will jump on it right away.

Post Thanks / Like

Waterloo1 was having the same problem and Birddog was helping him through it but I have still not seen any posts from him.
    Gone Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Lil Minnerman has not recieved his conformation email either.

Post Thanks / Like

Check your bulk mail, some email programs like yahoo put them in the bulk mail folder. That's what happened to me when I signed on to the site.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up You are quite right RJM ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragfly Jig Man
    He needs to PM Edhead and let him know of his problem. I can tell you from experience that Ed will jump on it right away.
    I'm constantly getting PM's from newly registering members, who cannot post .... and all I can do is forward their PM's to Ed.
    With all of the tweaking of the site going on, there is a possibility that some features are not being "turned on" during the process ... as in the "email notification of a PM, or post/reply on a subscribed forum" deal, that some of us have recently experienced.

A little "Note", to long term members AND newly registered/registering members : the Moderators CANNOT fix registration problems, User CP problems (name changes, etc), or other site problem situations. Only Ed can do that. PM him under the name "edhead" Moderators can only edit posts, using the site rules as a guideline. We CAN forward your specific problems to Ed, once made aware of them, but this can add hours or even days to the waiting period.
    Posting a thread, concerning problems of this natue, is only going to get results when/if the Moderator, or Ed, reads it and acts on it. Sending a PM, directly to Ed, is the fastest/surest way to get the problem noticed and acted upon. Even that is dependant upon Ed's time constraints, and if/when he gets around to viewing his PMs. But, I think we can all agree that it's worth the wait, to be able to join in with the Crappie.com family, on the best & most popular Crappie fishing site on the World Wide Web !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlaughlin72
    Check your bulk mail, some email programs like yahoo put them in the bulk mail folder. That's what happened to me when I signed on to the site.
    Or, due to the way I set up my service, puts them in the "JUNK" mail folder. Anytime you sign on to a new site check for notifications in those side folders.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - I had the same problem. I was logged in but unable to post any messages. One P.M. to Sac-A Lac and crappiepappy and problem was solved.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."
    - Tony Blake

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow and this is how it went down ....

Quote Originally Posted by thereheis
    I agree - I had the same problem. I was logged in but unable to post any messages. One P.M. to Sac-A Lac and crappiepappy and problem was solved.
    Sac sent a PM to me, requesting help ... I forwarded the PM to Ed ... your problem was taken care of as soon as Ed read the message. That's the only way it's going to get fixed ... letting Ed know there's a problem !!

Unfortunately, Ed's PM mailbox is currently full, and cannot receive any more messages ... and I've got several people with the same registration problem, waiting on me to fix them up. They will have to wait until Ed clears his PM mailbox, and then wait until I'm aware of that fact ... and forward their PM's to him. That's why I posted the disclaimer, earlier ... so people would know that it's potentially faster to PM Ed, directly, rather than thru a third party. The Mods can't do it, themselves ... but, we can and do help get the situation resolved, by informing Ed of the problem. We're happy to do so, but it just may add a little more time to the process (since we are not on here 24/7 either).

So, to any and all prospective members that are having problems ... Hang in there, we'll get to you ASAP !!

... cp