Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a disappointment!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a disappointment!

I always thought I had a pretty good reference for fish. The Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Fishes, Whales and Dolphins. Well as it turns out, it is full of it! And not facts. According to it, there are no Crappie on the west coast and none in the Atlantic coastal rivers where I've been catching them. What got me looking was, I got to wondering if there were crappie in other parts of the world. Can anyone recommend a "good" reference? Hey Roberta, do you read that the same as I do? I think you have the same book. And some of you probably thought I was crazy when I said "don't believe anthing you hear and only half of what you see". HAH!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Haha...sooooo

Don't give 'em any more money. Most of these organizations are full of people with lots of brains, but ain't none of them got no walking around sense. You know this Bill... lol
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

To many people are not willing to do research like they used too when writing books

Post Thanks / Like

I would sure love to be paid to do the research for them and fish the world over in search of the treasured slab! I might even tell them where they can catch a few lol Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys hear about PETA advising Dick Cheney that he should give up fishing and go hiking instead? That way he wouldn't be guilty of killing innocent animals. I heard it on Fox News yesterday, nearly died laughing.

These clowns had the audacity to say that fish really enjoy life and humans have no right to kill them just for sport.:rolleyes:
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfinger
    Did you guys hear about PETA advising Dick Cheney that he should give up fishing and go hiking instead? That way he wouldn't be guilty of killing innocent animals. I heard it on Fox News yesterday, nearly died laughing.

These clowns had the audacity to say that fish really enjoy life and humans have no right to kill them just for sport.:rolleyes:
    PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING????
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using field guides

Field guide maps are primarily used to show **natural range**. Note that the last sentence in the paragraph is "widely introduced". That's a term that is used a lot in field guides when flora or fauna are stocked in areas other than their native range.

I'm in a master naturalist course and the Audobon guides are the best in the business. We have purchased several over the years and I wouldn't be without them. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

These clowns had the audacity to say that fish really enjoy life and humans have no right to kill them just for sport.
    Who's killing them for sport? I believe everyone is eating them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    Who's killing them for sport? I believe everyone is eating them.

EXACTLY!! It is sustaining our lives......and actually probably healthier than most other menu's that are out these days.....SORRY, gonna continue to enjoy them!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Jump to conclusions too fast guys!

I think that Robeta has set the record straight about the Audubon Scociety Field Guide to North American Fishes.

We should all read the fine print and the footnotes before going off on them.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast