Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro Shops Terrova News - Please Read

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Bass Pro Shops Terrova News - Please Read

Well, I joyfully shared my findings with ya'll yesterday concerning the "Sale" that Bass Pro Shops advertised on their website for the Minn Kota Terrova. I, along with several of you, placed my order and paid my money. However, at about 5 eastern time today, a reprentative from Bass Pro Shops called me to inform me that a typographical error had been made and that in order for my Terrova to ship, I would have to pay the full retail price of approximately $1200. She said that if I did not pay full price, my order would be cancelled.

I am an accountant not a lawyer. However, I do know that an advertised price is a legal tender offer. Once I accepted that offer by submitting my credit card information, a legal contract has been enforced. Bass Pro Shops may try to cover their backside by pointing to an obscure pricing policy but they know if indeed a matter such as this was litigated that they would lose. Most people just don't have the money, time or knowledge to litigate.

I just thought I would pass this information along

Post Thanks / Like

Usually in the fine print somewhere it says they are not responsible for typo's. These big companies have plenty of high priced lawyers on staff to protect them from stuff like this.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like they would at least offer it to those that made a order to buy it at cost??

Post Thanks / Like

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. These retailers always have small print somewhere about them not being responsible for typo's.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnkota

I WAS A DIRECT DEALER FOR MINNKOTA FOR YEARS. NO ONE WAS ALLOWED TO SELL BELOW THE RETAIL PRICE, NOT EVEN BASS PRO.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

I know its a bummer, but they should be able to correct an honest mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

They should honor THEIR mistake, but I guess they dont care if they lose those customers from future purchases. Cabelas is looking better and better. with the price of gas I have items shipped anyway or if I have to get it at basspro I can have my tackle shop up the street get it through them and not pay shipping but I prefer cabelas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie
    I WAS A DIRECT DEALER FOR MINNKOTA FOR YEARS. NO ONE WAS ALLOWED TO SELL BELOW THE RETAIL PRICE, NOT EVEN BASS PRO.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM
    B.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrollingOnWeiss
    However, at about 5 eastern time today, a reprentative from Bass Pro Shops called me to inform me that a typographical error had been made and that in order for my Terrova to ship, I would have to pay the full retail price of approximately $1200. She said that if I did not pay full price, my order would be cancelled.
    For such a huge sporting goods company of this status, this is absolutely WRONG. Like it's been stated by others.......the orders placed before the realization of their screw-up should be honored and processed.
    Shame on you Johnny Morris if you are aware of this, and don't make it right
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

On a side note, I have had way better customer sevice at cabelas and bass pro the only people i have talked to is 18 yr old girls who transfer me to 3 different people!! i like both but seriously, that price was listed for how long, 3 days, you cant tell me they didnt notice that price within the first 2 hours of getting hundreds of orders...i think they should honor it even if it was a mistake...had the same problem at a gas station about a year ago, it said "Busch Light, $.99" for an 18 pack, instead of $10.99...guess what, i drank 18 beers for $.99 that night!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast