Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

Question Swanie

Do you know of any fish condos in the river?or any good spots? r they spawning yet?and one more question why does every one stay fairly close to the boat ramps when they fish and why do they fish so close together? :D
    Last edited by okeechobee fisher; 03-14-2005 at 09:35 PM.
    :D CRACKER :D

Swanie Guest

Default River

Quote Originally Posted by okeechobee fisher
    Do you know of any fish condos in the river?or any good spots? r they spawning yet?and one more question why does every one stay fairly close to the boat ramps when they fish and why do they fish so close together? :D
    Hi! I have no special spot to fish. I like to jig the weed line and keep moving.
    It seems that the fish are moving. If you anchor, you have to wait for a school to go by. It makes it hard to jig and keep moving with all the boats anchor.
    A lot of people just anchor by the ramps because they are catching fish. The crappies come in from the lake to spawn. The lake is so messed up from the hurricans. Everyone is fishing the river and some of the cannels.
    I could not go out and anchor and put out 20 to 30 poles and meat fish for the specks. I enjoy the jigging pole and getting that tick and the run from the crappie. We do not chatch as many but we sure have more fun.

Later Swanie

Post Thanks / Like

I agree swanie, trolling/spider rigging is great for high numbers but nothing is like fishing for them bass style, jigging or casting and feeling every bite and setting the hook at the exact right time and getting it to the boat and seeing you set the hook perfectly in its mouth.