Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Florida in April

Post Thanks / Like

Default Florida in April

I gotta be in Florida in April for a wedding on the 9th - as soon as the festivities are over planning on heading across state to Sanibel-Captiva area - in good reccomendations for guides for Snook - Reds - Trout - or maybe Permit
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

ck, I know nothing about the fishing in Florida, but here is a link that may have something that can help you.
    http://www.2000floridatravel.com/spo...ng-guide.shtml
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks man
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

surfafish Guest

Crap-King,
    If spring is a little early... sight fishing for beach snook can be great all along Sanibel. Bring some Storm Shads in gold mullet and some polarized shades. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks surfafish - snook is one of my prime targets

Post Thanks / Like

Talking SW Florida Guides

Crap-King, try e-mailing a gentleman by the name of Rick Grassett, (Snook-Fin-Addict) is his companies name. He guides all over the Sarasota area, and I'm sure he can put you on a guide in that area if he isn't available to help you. Just google snook-fin-addict to get his information. He is a really great guide. I've used him several times with no regrets! Good luck.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

crap king, A guide who's always busy in that area's name is Les Wills. Great guide for lots of reasons, but if nothing else he might be able to give you a heads up on local patterns. When I was there last time, there was a tackle shop on the US hiway thru Port Charlotte/ Punta Gorda that was super to me. Gave me more info than I could process, and didn't push products. Shop was bigger and more professional than the others at a glance. The phosphate docks inside Boca Grande Pass are known for very large snook, but it takes VERY big tackle to keep them from running back inside the forest of pilings they're cruising. Live bait, incoming tide, 2 anchors, pound or more of weight to hold bait down. Live pinfish a favorite when this is going on.Hope you get one big enough to smoke a drag....Tim
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

yall ar starting to make me want to go now ...thank for the info I am making a book of info now to prepare for my trip thanks again