Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand Held Gps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand Held Gps

I looking for a new hand Held GPS. what is you guys opinion on the most accurate Hand Held GPS on the market? Nothing fancy just accurate
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Garmin 60CSx.

Use Sanyo eneloop rechargeable batteries for it - never buy a battery again.
    Dude, your cork's under.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowrance Ifinder H20

For a 169 bucks and has a lighter plugin with it,I use it for a back up when I visit Savannah and cruise the inlets ,you can get lost real easy if you dont know the area like the locals..Also has sd card slot for other maps,,cool,,,ss
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler

Post Thanks / Like

I use the garmin E-trex good unit easy to use and not to costly I can go right to the bursh or back to the ramp.....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrance H2O. My only gripe is when you have a lakes chip in. It will not zoom all the way in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny1
    Garmin 60CSx.

Use Sanyo eneloop rechargeable batteries for it - never buy a battery again.
    Little more info on the batteries, Between a GPS 72, GPS 76 and a Canon S2 IS camera plus the remotes, I use a lot of rechargeables. Didn't really know about how they would discharge when not in use.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default garmin

no complaints with my Garmin 76 maps
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    Little more info on the batteries, Between a GPS 72, GPS 76 and a Canon S2 IS camera plus the remotes, I use a lot of rechargeables. Didn't really know about how they would discharge when not in use.

Here you go.

http://www.eneloop.info/

I bought the GPS I talked about back in September and along with it, I got a battery charger and some 2700 NiMH batteries. By November, the batteries would lose full charge after 3 hours. So I did some research and everyone was talking about the eneloops. They truly are fantastic.

I bought a set of 8 from Circuit City for around $14.
    Dude, your cork's under.

Post Thanks / Like

What maps would you guys recommend downloading onto the GPS'?
    Dude, your cork's under.

Post Thanks / Like

Love my Garmin map76 for accuracy. Disappointed it won't handle Navionics maps. The maps that Garmin offers for lakes around here aren't very good. If maps are important to you, make sure the unit you select will handle maps with sufficient detail (contour lines, etc) for your lakes. As an example--the garmin map was missing an entire island (one of only 3 in the lake) and showed ramps planned at the time the lake was built--30 years ago--but never built. The Navionics map was much better, but doens't work with Garmins to my knowledge. Garmin will send you paper samples of lake sections for review prior to buying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast