Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Monday Blackshear Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Blackshear Report

Went to Cedar Creek Early. Motor would not start......
    Trolled ledges and flats to about 12 feet. Caught 15 keepers and several returns. Wind was not bad. Left about noon. Went home and fixed motor and will try again Tuesday.
    Nothing like fresh crappie for supper!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Glad you got em. And that was a half day. Whole day would have been a limit for sure. Get em again tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ocmulgee river

I noticed you were from Abbeville and was wandering if you fished much on the ocmulgee? I recently started fishing it and love it. I was wanting to try some crappie on the river and was curious if you had fished for them before on the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught some fish Mud Turtle....any particular colors that seemed to work best....I like taking my dad fishing and Blackshear is about as far away from the house as I can seem to get him so I'm thinking about heading down there later in the week maybe...how far back in the creek did you fish??

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

curtisj i am in fitzgerald too .i fish the ocmulgee we probabley know eachother.i fish blacksher to the wife is off this weekin and we arec planning on going . may go and stay the weekin . papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by curtisj
    I noticed you were from Abbeville and was wandering if you fished much on the ocmulgee? I recently started fishing it and love it. I was wanting to try some crappie on the river and was curious if you had fished for them before on the river.
    Have not fished Ocmulgee in Several years. My fishing time is very limited and have spent all my fishing time with my Dad for the last 7 years or so. he passed on in December so I don't have a steady partner now but I have lots of offers.
    Used to catch a few crappie on the river each fall and winter but they are hard to come by. Got hooked on lake fishing about 10 years ago and can't get enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger
    Glad you caught some fish Mud Turtle....any particular colors that seemed to work best....I like taking my dad fishing and Blackshear is about as far away from the house as I can seem to get him so I'm thinking about heading down there later in the week maybe...how far back in the creek did you fish??
    Tiger, I trolled only minnows. I fished from the boat ramp out on Monday. Everything I caught Was in the channels or on the flats close to the channels.
    Went back on Tuesday and fished further in. Again, caught 15 keepers but they were nicer fish. Water temp. was 60-62 Degrees. They seem to be holding in about 18-20 ft. of water and Feeding in flats up to abuot 10-12ft.
    Will try them Wed. or Thurs. again. Maybe I can gget of 15.