Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally Marshall 9' Rod WMC90-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Marshall 9' Rod WMC90-2

I recently purchased 2 Wally Marshall 9' WMC90-2 rods. I haven't used them yet and was looking at them today and noticed they are casting rods (I think). I really wanted spinning rods. The description at Bass Pro doesn't tell you what type they are. Does the "C" in the WMC stand for casting. Do you think these could be used with a spinning reel anyway?

Thanks
    sethook

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sethook
    I recently purchased 2 Wally Marshall 9' WMC90-2 rods. I haven't used them yet and was looking at them today and noticed they are casting rods (I think). I really wanted spinning rods. The description at Bass Pro doesn't tell you what type they are. Does the "C" in the WMC stand for casting. Do you think these could be used with a spinning reel anyway?

Thanks
    I think they are supposed to be used for spinning reels...that is what i have on mine...but it looks like you could use for casting also...just turn the reel seat over..

Post Thanks / Like

I use both spinning and the mini casting reels on my Wally rods and they work great with both.The rods have the smaller guides(unlike the bigger guides you see on the spinning rods),but I prefer those guides on a jigpole and I don't notice much of a difference when casting with a spinning reel.

Post Thanks / Like

A little late but I just joined and saw this.
    The "C" indicates the series of the rod. In your case it is the Universal Crappie rod WMC.
    Others like WMP "P" is for Pro Series
    WMT "T" is for Tightline Special
    WMM "M" is for Mighty Lite

I have the Pro Series and have used it as casting but switched to spinning seems to work better for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both casting and spinning reels on these rods and both work fine.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

If the rod want cast ,your reel won't be spinning. Just a little humor. I'm sure the rods will be o.k. I haven't found anything bad about the W.M. Rods yet.

Post Thanks / Like

The purpose of the large eyes on a spinning rod are for improved casting distance. Generally these type poles are used for dipping and pitching so the larger eyes are not really necessary. It's nearly impossible to find a 9 ft or longer crappie pole with large eyes. I've never had a problem with the small eyes myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breas
    The purpose of the large eyes on a spinning rod are for improved casting distance. Generally these type poles are used for dipping and pitching so the larger eyes are not really necessary. It's nearly impossible to find a 9 ft or longer crappie pole with large eyes. I've never had a problem with the small eyes myself.
    Yeah, if you want a long rod with bigger guides, a light steelhead or salmon rod is your best bet.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw an ad where BnM is coming out with a Crappie Wizard series of rods with the spinning guides.

Post Thanks / Like

Default duh?????

Does the more expensive rods catch more fish than my $19 whuppin stick? If so I'll buy a few ,where do ya gitem''''ss
    It is most fortunate for those in power that people don't think :::A.Hitler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast