Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: question about line's that arent clear

Post Thanks / Like

Default question about line's that arent clear

hello fellow fisherman. hope all had a good christmas. iv'e posted more than one post on here about different lines we all use and what you all prefer. mainly line twist's is alway's been my main category. iv'e learned to minimize twist, no all the trick's so forth, thank's to you all ...well this year iv'e went to experimenting with hi-vis line's. all different brand's, size's, ect. my personal experience has been it seem's like the colored line's twist and coil up worse than just plain clear line just been my observation. does anyone know that if what the company's use to give it the color makes the line more prone to easier line twisting. whether it was red, gold, green, yellow, to me personally they all seemed to get coiled up quicker than usual. i'm fishing the same strategy's, lure's, using the reel magic. everything you all have told help's with coil and line twist...and it all has helped a bunch... but it really does seem the line's with color are a little tougher to keep low memory, limper, and coily...ok, shew, i'll take a breath now.:D ...now someone tell me i'm just imagining thing's or just spending to much time on the water:D :D thanx for any input...

jeff the crappieslayer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the BPS Excell line in clear/blue and green and do not have a real problem with twisted line, i do watch how i put it on the reel and i do run the line out before going home most of the time, and rerig . i mostley cast jigs and fish under a float

Post Thanks / Like

If you would ever catch any fish they would keep your line streched :D cant go wrong with wally.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

FISH TO MUCH . NO ONE DOES THAT :D .unless you are asking the wife . or a non fishing person .
    retired and now i will always fish

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Sorry Jeff ...

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER
    hello fellow fisherman. hope all had a good christmas. iv'e posted more than one post on here about different lines we all use and what you all prefer. mainly line twist's is alway's been my main category. iv'e learned to minimize twist, no all the trick's so forth, thank's to you all ...well this year iv'e went to experimenting with hi-vis line's. all different brand's, size's, ect. my personal experience has been it seem's like the colored line's twist and coil up worse than just plain clear line just been my observation. does anyone know that if what the company's use to give it the color makes the line more prone to easier line twisting. whether it was red, gold, green, yellow, to me personally they all seemed to get coiled up quicker than usual. i'm fishing the same strategy's, lure's, using the reel magic. everything you all have told help's with coil and line twist...and it all has helped a bunch... but it really does seem the line's with color are a little tougher to keep low memory, limper, and coily...ok, shew, i'll take a breath now.:D ...now someone tell me i'm just imagining thing's or just spending to much time on the water:D :D thanx for any input...
    jeff the crappieslayer
    but, I don't think you're imagining anything. I. too, have found hi-vis lines to be a bit stiffer and prone to coils, as opposed to some clear/blue monos. But, alas, my old eyes just ain't up to the task of keeping clear lines in sight, like they could in my younger years. :p So ... I use the hi-vis line and deal with the situation, best I know how.
    I've often wondered if the coloration process was the reason/culprit, myself. I do know that any line that's considered "XT", is going to be stiffer and have coil and memory problems.
    Guess I'll just stick with what's been working for me (Stren Gold - Mr Crappie Super hi-vis) and just continue to use the "untwisting tricks" to keep things operating as best I can :D

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    but, I don't think you're imagining anything. I. too, have found hi-vis lines to be a bit stiffer and prone to coils, as opposed to some clear/blue monos. But, alas, my old eyes just ain't up to the task of keeping clear lines in sight, like they could in my younger years. :p So ... I use the hi-vis line and deal with the situation, best I know how.
    I've often wondered if the coloration process was the reason/culprit, myself. I do know that any line that's considered "XT", is going to be stiffer and have coil and memory problems.
    Guess I'll just stick with what's been working for me (Stren Gold - Mr Crappie Super hi-vis) and just continue to use the "untwisting tricks" to keep things operating as best I can :D

... cp

well i'm glad i'm not the only one, so maybe i'm not as crazy as i thought (shut up bug's i know what ur think'n) one more thing. i think the big school's of line when you get one's with 600 yard's on up. when you get down to the last 200 or 300 yard's the coiling become's a much bigger problem personally. anyone make fishing line on here, what do they use to color it thanx all
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Try Suffix hi vis or Vicious hi vis panfish line those are the two limpest lowest memory lines Ive ran into in a while!!!!!!!
    Mr. Plucker