Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Storing your long poles??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Storing your long poles??

I have a question for everyone.
    How do you store all these long telescoping rods and poles on the way to the ramp, then back home, then while you sleep at night.

Right now I collapse them all and store them in rod box on the boat. I'm thinking about leaving them at full length and building brackets to store them on in my garage when I get home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    How do you store all these long telescoping rods and poles on the way to the ramp, then back home, then while you sleep at night.

Right now I collapse them all and store them in rod box on the boat. I'm thinking about leaving them at full length and building brackets to store them on in my garage when I get home.

I have straps on top of my rod boxes to hold down while transporting...this winter i got a peg board that is 8' x 6' and i got some "S" hooks and put them on the peg board...put the rod handles on one end and the tip of the pole adjusted about half way or so and they are horizontally mounted on the wall in my garage...i got 12 poles on it easily and have room for more...you can store them with 2 on each "S" hook, just put the rod handles on opposite ends...no need to collapse them then, just take out of boat and put them on the hooks...i will try to get some pics tomorrow if i can!! hoep this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Velcro

I have velcro straps screwed to the deck. Works great! :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I collapse mine and store them on two hooks on the garage wall. Keeps them out of the way and prevents them from being damaged.

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Default where they lay

I laid one of my long rods across a buctet about 4 feet from the tip and the butt on the boat floor. Stored it like that for about a month or so when not being used....even on the ride home. One day I went to set the hook and the rod broke in the area where it laid across the bucket. It must of weakened there is all I could figure. Anybody else have that happen?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My boat really aint big enough to store them for the trip fishing. I lay them in the floor of the boat and then stand them up in tubes attached to the rod holder T-bars once on the ramp. At home I have racks running up the wall of the boat barn. Nothing more than nails with rubber tubing covering them that I lay my rods/poles horizontally on and I ALWAYS leave the drags loose.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I realized real quick that I save a lot of time and hassle by not breaking them down. To transport I bundle them together and tie them down to the rail of my boat in about three separate places. It's real secure and they don't bounce around at all. Once I get to the ramp I put them in vertical pvc rod holders before I launch. Very simple and big time saver.
    I breakdown my extra telescoping rods.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie

This is how I store mine when not in use...