Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Puglisi Fibers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puglisi Fibers

Merry Christmas everyone!

Has anyone used the Enrico Puglisi synthetic material for jig tying? It's a popular material for saltwater tying and makes very good looking baitfish flies. Just wondering if anyone has tried it for jigs. I'm not sure but I imagine it to be similar to the material used for the Float n' Fly.
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Could you describe it and where can you get it?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good bit of it and just have not tied a lot. I do like it for what it is, but like more synthetic fibers it has it's draw backs. Probably best for large streamer flies and such. I do think some of the more soft stuff would be good for tails in place of say kip tail.

Some good colors and all, but also not low cost. I also have a bunch of the Polaris Hair that guy in Alaska sells that would also work for the same things I would think. That EP stuff retail sells for something like $7 a pack. The name you use kind of threw me off for a minute since most just all it EP fibers. I like the stuff though and will try to use some next year very early spring before and also just when they hit the banks. Last year I used some kip tail jigs for that and did well so think this will also be very good for that. However fly tiers use a lot of this kind of materials for large flies like bait fish flies.

Anyway yes have had some for a few years now I think.

Chilie450 if you want to see it here is a link...
    http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingsto...glisi%20Fibers

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. now that I looked at the link I know what to look for. I am new to tying jigs and have fished for crappie before with commercial jigs, and I think that it is fun but most of all it is a delicious fish to eat. Thanks for your promt reply.

Post Thanks / Like

From Toledo Bend Texas!

Should have done that the first time, sorry didn't notice how new you were to the site. Good place here for lots of good people and info.

Hey you can find most anything at that site to see what it looks like. Then get it or not and where you want to. Not sure how many places carry that stuff, but it's nice material.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chile450 View Post
    Thank you very much. now that I looked at the link I know what to look for. I am new to tying jigs and have fished for crappie before with commercial jigs, and I think that it is fun but most of all it is a delicious fish to eat. Thanks for your promt reply.
    Welcome to Crappie.com and to the great world of jig tying.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from MS Chile450.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    ScottV's Custom Crappie Cranks
    Crankbait Pushing Weights

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Chile450 to the site. I also have float -n- fly fibers but don't tie much with them. IMHO kip tail, hackle, or marabou will catch you all the crappie you want. Fish it slow and fish it under a slip float. The presentation is very much like the float -n- fly.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big thanks to everyone

Yes I am new to the site and new to tying jigs and flys, but I alway had the curiosity, until I went to Bass Pro Shop and participated on a free lesson they have every two weeks, I enjoyed and bought a jig tying kit they have, and a few weeks later, I bought the Peak rotary vise. I am doing OK tying some jigs, and trying some new materials I found in a store that is closing here in Houston. I really like this site and I have got some great information plus some good loughs regarding some of the comments. Will be visiting the site as often as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    I have a good bit of it and just have not tied a lot. I do like it for what it is, but like more synthetic fibers it has it's draw backs. Probably best for large streamer flies and such. I do think some of the more soft stuff would be good for tails in place of say kip tail.

Some good colors and all, but also not low cost. I also have a bunch of the Polaris Hair that guy in Alaska sells that would also work for the same things I would think. That EP stuff retail sells for something like $7 a pack. The name you use kind of threw me off for a minute since most just all it EP fibers. I like the stuff though and will try to use some next year very early spring before and also just when they hit the banks. Last year I used some kip tail jigs for that and did well so think this will also be very good for that. However fly tiers use a lot of this kind of materials for large flies like bait fish flies.

Anyway yes have had some for a few years now I think.

Chilie450 if you want to see it here is a link...
    http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingsto...glisi%20Fibers

Skip