Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bah-Humbug

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Bah-Humbug

Well....finally the wife and I were able to get out on the water and chose to go to Truman. So far so good The ramp was clear even if is was a might cold moving across the water this morning

We launched at Osage Bluff and hit some of our usual spots . When you haven't been able to fish for several wks it takes a while to find the fish Well, I am still looking

I tried a lot of different combinations and different depths. The wife managed to hook one!! nice crappie. She also got a nice white bass and a small green carp. I didn't get one bite all day We did catch and release with both bass and would have the crappie also, except it wouldn't have lived. Darn it! Had to get all my gear out to clean 1 fish. Oh well.....at least we were able to get out on the water for a few hours.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Still better than no fishing at all Jiggin. Good job.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Dang JJ I thought your said you were going to stockton. I went done real well lots of crappie couple white's. no walley! wind was light out of the southwest and sunny several boat's on the water most caught fish. a red/silver champion done real well on roark bluff point north west point. they were casting and let it fall over some brush.. I caught mine out off the bluff in 30 ft. of water drifting hear and there..... I looked for ya.... next time later

Post Thanks / Like

We all get our turn with days like that.....it will be better next time.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

JJ it was tough yesterday. I had to go to one of my secret spots. Ended up with 21 @ a pound average. Man I had to work at it they where very tight lipped and some the lne just got heavy. I got there at 12:30 and left at 4:30. Never caught a white crappie at all they was all black. I did find some new spots though.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I got to get up there and fish with you guys I'm tired of fishing the black hole (table rock) and not getting any crappi. This seems to be one of the hardest lake to crack and catch Crappie out of in the late fall and early winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle I wasnt sure where we were going until monday moring I talked to guide friend of mine and he convinced me on truman. I was going to stockton until that point. I obliviously dont know how to catch fish on truman in the winter but we have done good on stockton in the winter. I guess i should stick with what works for me.:D I will be at stockton sat weather permiting and will put in at mutton creek hope to see ya then.
    Barn Dog come up any time you want.:D

Post Thanks / Like

more nasty green carp thats about your style I hope you had the sanitizer handy for her this time

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Same results for me on the 24th. Lots of shad along a small section of bluff and in the quarry. Just could not give them what they wanted I guess. Managed a few small ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jiggin
    Beagle I wasnt sure where we were going until monday moring I talked to guide friend of mine and he convinced me on truman. I was going to stockton until that point. I obliviously dont know how to catch fish on truman in the winter but we have done good on stockton in the winter. I guess i should stick with what works for me.:D I will be at stockton sat weather permiting and will put in at mutton creek hope to see ya then.
    Barn Dog come up any time you want.:D
    You know what the big boy's say DONT LEAVE FISH TO FIND FISH. if you fish mutton creek fish the points and couple of those marked brush piles. there are several good spots along no.7 point just north and on the west side of mutton creek cove.. old road there.road runs east to west fish the drop off or go in the cove a way and work the north shore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast