Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GaBoy, Whats Up?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink GaBoy, Whats Up?

Hello GaBoy, What hapened to your post on the main foram about fishing line? I answered your post and went back later to look at it and your post was not there.Tae73 had also answered your post and like me had recomened power pro10/2. I also like power pro, it is I think one of the best braids. Strong, no memory and last a long time. Also cast great,real smothe. Try 8/1 first and I think you will never go back to mono. It is costly but it will pay for itself on the first trip in saved jigs. Anyhow whatever you decide, Good luck. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS
    Hello GaBoy, What hapened to your post on the main foram about fishing line? I answered your post and went back later to look at it and your post was not there.Tae73 had also answered your post and like me had recomened power pro10/2. I also like power pro, it is I think one of the best braids. Strong, no memory and last a long time. Also cast great,real smothe. Try 8/1 first and I think you will never go back to mono. It is costly but it will pay for itself on the first trip in saved jigs. Anyhow whatever you decide, Good luck. Jimmy S.
    I might have to give it a shot.....I guess it couldn't hurt to try it on a few rods first to see how it does.

I have some Power Pro 10/2 on one of my rods, but I don't troll with that one.

I have no idea what happened to the other post....somebody must not like me...
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Lost Post

I don't think that's possible, Mabe it was deleted by mistake. Lets think that way anyhow. George W. and I are trying to get a trip together to Santee Cooper in a day or two. Hope the spawn is on there. I tried the new sensation line and it has a lot of memory. It comes off the reel in coils. I tried tieing off and letting it all off and rewinding, Didn't help. Good Fishing! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS
    I don't think that's possible, Mabe it was deleted by mistake. Lets think that way anyhow. George W. and I are trying to get a trip together to Santee Cooper in a day or two. Hope the spawn is on there. I tried the new sensation line and it has a lot of memory. It comes off the reel in coils. I tried tieing off and letting it all off and rewinding, Didn't help. Good Fishing! Jimmy S.

A lot of people I know love that sensation, but I didn't like it either. I gave up on that stuff pretty quick....in fact, I still have a spool around here somewhere that I never got around to using.

Good Luck to you at Santee!!

Let me know how it goes!!!

Later - GABoy
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default GaBoy - West Point

I know ya'll are talking line but how about an update on West Point. What you did and how you did it. Know the wind was rough but what did you do to counter it. Did you try to hide, run against it, with it ? How did you fish, slow troll ? Jigs ? Minnows ? Etc, etc. By the way, on line, bought one of those 1/4 lb spools of thin 8# Silver Thread 2-3 years ago and still using it. Like it but not sure it is still available. When it's gone may have to move up to some of the new stuff that's out there now. Probably go for something I can see. Thanks for your info. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

We did fairly well considering the circumstances.

There were 40 amateur boats entered, I think only 35 or so showed up at the scales for weigh-in.

My partner and I left at 3am Saturday morning, unfortunately we didn't get to pre-fish at all and we tried to make it in time to start fishing at 6:30 am....and neither of us have ever fished West Point, we just did some research before going.

We came in 8th place and took a small check of $ 250....that was probably about the break even point for us considering the entrance fee, gas, jig, etc.

Our best 7 fish weighed in at 9.97 lbs.

The tournament had a lot of the leaders fishing out of Veasey and Stroud Creeks....however, my partner and I stayed away fromt that location and fished Rainbow Creek, which is near the Horace King boat launch.......it is not a big creek at all.......the nice thing was that it was sort of out of the wind as much as it could be I guess.

I kept hearing that people were catching a lot of fish on junebug colors too, so give those a try as well.

The cove stays about 15 ft all the way almost to the back....so it started off about 25 ft and went down to 15 ft....it was a good place to be.....we went through two marker buoys and saw a huge mess of shad/baitfish on the fishfinder and I believe the crappie were holding right under them because we would usually catch a few right after we passed through that.....the fish appeared to be holding around 8 - 12 ft deep.....If you are in Rainbow Creek.....head straight and go between the two buoys in the middle of the creek then veer slightly to the right and start heading toward the bank.....and follow it back to the left and stay in about 17 ft of water or so....we caught fish on just about every pass through there.....

We had some luck on a motor oil and black/chartruese slider......in particular the motor oil was best for us in that location.

Quote Originally Posted by JimA
    I know ya'll are talking line but how about an update on West Point. What you did and how you did it. Know the wind was rough but what did you do to counter it. Did you try to hide, run against it, with it ? How did you fish, slow troll ? Jigs ? Minnows ? Etc, etc. By the way, on line, bought one of those 1/4 lb spools of thin 8# Silver Thread 2-3 years ago and still using it. Like it but not sure it is still available. When it's gone may have to move up to some of the new stuff that's out there now. Probably go for something I can see. Thanks for your info. JimA
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Point

GaBoy - didn't see that other post. Thanks for sharing. Jim

Post Thanks / Like

GaBoy - didn't see that other post. Thanks for sharing. Jim
    No problem at all....I think I put it under another thread somewhere....I am not sure!!!!

How you been gettin' along?
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default GaBoy

GaBoy - doing good, just havn't been fishing. Finally got a trailer hitch on my new truck this week - U-Haul in Jonesboro. Hitch was a snap on the Toyota, frame holes are even threaded. But wiring was a B... Have to remove both tail lites and run a wire up to battery. But I plan to drive this thing a lot of years so glad had them do it all. Crappie Shop had recommended U-Haul in Macon, and I think you did too but that was a little out of my range. Cranked my boat, checked my gear, now, just need to get it wet this week !! Jim

Post Thanks / Like

GaBoy - doing good, just havn't been fishing. Finally got a trailer hitch on my new truck this week - U-Haul in Jonesboro. Hitch was a snap on the Toyota, frame holes are even threaded. But wiring was a B... Have to remove both tail lites and run a wire up to battery. But I plan to drive this thing a lot of years so glad had them do it all. Crappie Shop had recommended U-Haul in Macon, and I think you did too but that was a little out of my range. Cranked my boat, checked my gear, now, just need to get it wet this week !! Jim
    I hear ya.....can't be doing all that well then if you hadn't been fishing lately...hee hee....

Excellent!! U-Haul did a great job on mine too!! I would highly recommend them...it took about 1 hour to complete the entire job....

Where you headed to?
    ><)))*>