Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: hey Jerry

sidvicious Guest

Default hey Jerry

jerry, i'm new to the board, but experienced at fishing all types of "arkansas" style fishing. i live in dermott, in chicot county.

query: i have several friends with property on lake hamilton. i normally fish oxbows and/or the mississippi river lakes. what's the general plan for hamilton? how is the action this time of year?

cheers,

sv-

Post Thanks / Like

Hey SV,

Welcome aboard the board! Most of the recent pictures on my website are from Lake Hamilton. All the crappie fishing I do is around brush piles that I've put in or found.

If you want to, click on my name at the top of this post and then click on "Find All Posts By Jerry Blake" and you will find several where I describe my system for catching crappie here.

My Crappie Fishing Mentor - LeeRoy Rodgers - is from your neck of the woods - lives in Monticello now. He was living up here (North of Glenwood) when he "Ruent" me on crappie fishing about 18 years ago.

We took a trip down there several years ago and he took me to several of his old fishing holes - Lake Chicot, Leland Chute, Paradise Lake (a beautiful lake in an island in the Mississippie river) and several others.

Everything was way up and we didn't catch very many but it was fun anyway. We camped at the Pecan Grove there on Lake Chicot just out of Lake Village.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

sidvicious Guest

i stomp monticello often. was born there and the wife is from there. i'm not sure, however, if i know leeroy. i practice law in these [and other] parts, so if i do know him, i hope i was on his side.

the lakes you mention are well known to me. paradise is the favorite. i'm waiting of the river to drop about 5 more feet before venturing over. that's the good thing about having the mighty mississippi nearby; it reduces the effects of the seasons.

i'll do what you suggest and search your previous posts regarding lake hamilton. see you on the arkansas board.

regards,

sv-