Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ,Water Patrol number?

Post Thanks / Like

Question LOZ,Water Patrol number?

iv'e heard that if you have engine trouble at LOZ you can call Water Patrol and they'll Tow you back to the ramp! is this true? and if so, does anyone know the exact number to dial?..might be a good thing to have programed into the cell phone just in case!! got to thinking about that friday while i was fishing LOZ by myself and not that many boats around to flag down if you needed help!!:o ................kp

Post Thanks / Like

if you are in eniment danger maby,or if they think your boat is in the way,maby mostly they just call a tow boat and let you take care of your own problems... my experience..

Post Thanks / Like

They help beached boats all the time on Truman as long as they have nothing else happening. Four weeks ago I was fish upper grand got to my spot about 8:30 heard what I thought was birds across the lake. After fishing for about 1.5 hours The sound changed to a whistle I looked over and saw a boat on the shore. I thought hm someone training a duck dog. Then to my supprise he started yelling can you help. We dropped our stuff and went over this fellow had run aground at 5:30 he was afraid some one would get his spot. We tried to pull him off for 30 minutes almost sinking our boat in the process. He said go back to fishing the water partol wil be here in 30 minutes. Reluctant to leave we finally did. Sure enough 20 minutes here they came 20 minutes later he was free. Lessons learned carry a long heavy rope and a GPS is very important.
    Oh by the way he came and started fishing close to us and was well on his way to a pound average limit when we left.

Post Thanks / Like

i blew a fuse on pomme 2 years ago. at the time didnt know wat the problem was. i trolled within 2 miles of getting back 2 the ramp before my batteries went dead. within 5 minutes i flages down water patrol. he wouldnt tow me. said he wasnt allowed 2!!!!!!!!! really ticked me off. said there was nothing he culd do & left me a sitting duck. lost all my respect for them. not sure wat there purpose is.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm, sounds like its up to the patrolman, if he wants to mess with you or not!....
    beagle, you said they just call a tow boat,..any idea or info on what tow company that would be??.....

Post Thanks / Like

573-751-3333 mwp headquarters in Jeff. You can probably call them and they might help. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kp crane
    hmmm, sounds like its up to the patrolman, if he wants to mess with you or not!....
    beagle, you said they just call a tow boat,..any idea or info on what tow company that would be??.....
    Hey I don't know any names but I have seen a couple on table rock and one on LOZ tuggies or something like that.....