Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Report

We put in at Tull's creek about 8:30 yesterday A.M. We put our poles out at the "Y" and proceeded to troll all the way past the toilet seat down to the next right turn. We caught exactly one 11 in. crappie.
    The only other boat we saw was 2 guys in a car topper fishing the ditch on our way out.
    Bill, give me your opinion about this. Do you think I did something wrong?
    Better days are coming!
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    We put in at Tull's creek about 8:30 yesterday A.M. We put our poles out at the "Y" and proceeded to troll all the way past the toilet seat down to the next right turn. We caught exactly one 11 in. crappie.
    The only other boat we saw was 2 guys in a car topper fishing the ditch on our way out.
    Bill, give me your opinion about this. Do you think I did something wrong?
    Better days are coming!
    I'm having trouble visualizing where you were. I remember a toilet seat but having a mental lapse as to where it is. Here is where you should have been. Go out to the main river from the ramp and turn right. As you go down you pass a very old barge on your left, keep going and you come to some houses on your left (in front of them is good at certain times). A little ways further and the river splits. The main part goes to the right and you can keep going straight. This is what we refer to as the "Y" and where you should have started fishing. If they aren't in that deep water (18-20 ft) then we usually troll on up the river and not down. That is where we found them a couple weeks ago trolling up and down past the mouths of those 3 canals. Hope that makes sense.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sence to me , now I just have to figure out where you were!

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, are you saying that when you get to the "Y" you stay left and fish up that way?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Bill, are you saying that when you get to the "Y" you stay left and fish up that way?
    Yes. For some reason we have never caught many fish going down river. I'm sure they are there somewhere, but we've never found them.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill, next time I will know to go that way and see what happens.
    Are you all squared away for your trip? Sun. looks like good weather and I might make the haul. Better put a lid and lock on that 55 gal. barrel!

Post Thanks / Like

thats right but a lock on that barrel,because if the bait shop runs out i know where to go/
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Aww man now im really confused! I dont know where to even start fishing now. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crash14me2
    Aww man now im really confused! I dont know where to even start fishing now. :D
    Just follow Dave. Unless he's headed for my minnow barrel. Seriously tho, Squirrel hunter was talking about Tull's Creek in Moyock, NC and somehow the conversation went to my upcoming trip to Kerr Lake.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

OK here it is ; if you go left out of the inlet. Then go down or up river you come on the back side of the boat ramp channel very near the bridge. I found a large round spot its very shallow on one entry but the other is deep enough. Have done very good in this spot and a few even futher on up the river. I have fished tulls creek for the better part of 16 years and have seen its decline. Have done good west of Bobs fishing hole to. Hope this helps you all out. See ya on the water.
    dave
    in currituck