Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jig colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Jig colors.

How many use a red / yellow jig and a blue and white? Haven't tried either color but have been hearing some good things about these two. What conditions would both colors be used under, sunnny or cloudy?? I mainly use black / chrt. -- chrt.-- chrt. and white-- white--orange and chrt.--and sometimes red and chrt. What am i missing not using blue and white and red and yellow skirts? This has probably been asked a thousand times, i'm just curiuos. Thanks for playin'.

Post Thanks / Like

On my home lake, Lake Shelbyville, I have good luck on black/chartreuse in stained water and blue/white when the water is clear.
    Ken

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Black and char. is probably my favorite. I can't remember ever catching a fish on red/char. but I try pretty often. Some people swear by it. I'm starting to like blue/white. Here lately I've been catchin' em on a tri-colored tube black/green/chart more than any other color. I like yellow/ chart. and yellow/white pretty good too.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

My over all fovorite is the black and chartruce but now my next favorite in line is the black and pink, dang, it works good.
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Back/chart Is For Sure My Favorite Too!! 2nd Choice Anything With Chartreuce!!i"ve Tried Red/yellow To No Avail!! Blue/white Will Work Here Sometimes,but For Consistancy---b/c!! Good Fishin To Ya !!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

My largest crappie was got on a red/char, (4lb 2oz),although this winter the or/char,has been the best.(For me)
    You may could take the same color to a diff- lake & it not produce well.I've never caugth a fish on blue jig,But that is just me.
    They yellow jig's I use in muddy or stained water & do better.
    I've got every color under the sun.LOL,I just keep trying until I find what they like.>>>>Bentpole

Post Thanks / Like

Red & Yellow is one of the colors that didn't make my top 96 colors this year. those baits will stay piled up in my "don't use" tackle room.

Blue & White, Blue & Pearl, Blue & Clear Glitter, and Blue & Chartreuse are all excellent combos. I use most of them for clear, deep stained, or cold water. The Blue & Chartreuse works pretty good in muddy water too.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Blue & clear glitter is a very good clear water jig. I have never tried Blue and Chartruse but I might just have to try that.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Last spring red/chartruese was the hot item. It's doing o.k. this year, nothing compared to black/char. Earlier in the winter with lake 6' above pool and the fish deep had good luck with white/blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Most favorite - like most is black/chartruse. I like red head with blk/char, red head with blk/pink, red head w/blue/white metal flake,blk head w/red/char. H*** I like them all different times of year and conditions. Whatever it takes to get them to bite is my favorite. That's why there are so many different colors, styles, configurations. What works one day and on one lake may not the next. There are colored heads, plain heads, heads you insert in tube,gold hooks, bronze hooks, red hooks etc. I just keep a good assortment of everything and then don't have excuse other than just not biting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast