Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: NW Wisconsin Icefishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default NW Wisconsin Icefishing

Just got back from Clam Falls Wi of 4 days of fishing.

Spanked the crappies and bullgills fishing the north end of Clear Lake in the town of Siren.The spanking was done in 16 feet of water early and late in the days.Teardrop ice jigs tipped with Lobybaits Rocki's and DragnMags
    produced most of the fish with a couple of dandy 9 and 10 inch gills getting caught.A guy fishing about a 100 yards of us caught a 15 pound pike on a shiner...tipup setup.My last 2 DragnMags caught all of my crappies,but my buddy Rick caught most of his on crappie minnows and waxies.The Rocki color of choice was the green oil color and caught some dandy fish on it.

The fishing were tight lipped but we managed limits all within a 3 hour time frame...like I said...in early and late in the day.Fish were very hard to locate in such clear water during the day...but the patterns were found on the second day thank God.

Ice was 6 inches thick.
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a good time had by all, i wish we would get ice here (kansas city) would love to try my luck at ice fishing .
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather have open water. People fall through the ice and it's rather cold out there. I also end up taking so much crap with me it's almost too much hassle to go out there. Almost...

I live just n. of there and wouldn't be suprized if we still had ice for our fishing opener the first week of may. I'm wearing out the seat of my boat sitting in it and going vruuuuuuuuum! twice a day.