Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something to hide?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something to hide?

I am just wondering why all of these great people on here don't bother to fill out the profile information. I doesn't take very long and it sure would cut down on confusion for the rest of us if you only took the time to do it. Glad to see a ton of new people on the board, but please at least say where your from and where your "home" lakes are in the country.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes, please....

..I second that request.. :D
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that!
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I filled mine out. and so should every one else. please?
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up thanks Fatboy ....

I've been meaning to suggest that very thing !

It's a simple thing to do, people ...... just click on the "User CP" link (see black band of links at top of page) - that takes you to the Control Panel screen - click on "edit profile" (in "Settings and Options" window) - and in the "Additional Information" window, at the bottom of the screen, you can fill in the "Location" blank (and any of the others that you care to) ... you don't even have to put an "exact" location - just the state, or area of the state you live in. (for example - I could put "Central KY" as my location, rather than the actual city name) Or, if you're lucky enough to live by a lake or relatively close (as some members do) ... you could put your location as "on Lake Snagalot", or "5miles from Lotsaslabs Lake", or whatever .....

It does help us to know what area you're from, and where you fish ... all lakes are a little different, and knowing "where" helps us determine what information is valid to those waters/conditions of your area. ...cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yep i would go along with that.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Give a little get a lot back.

As crappie pappy suggested when you fill in an area or a location it helps others know how to interupt the information that you give about fishing.

For example if you live in Florida the water temps are going to be way different than those who live in Michigan. Spawing times for crappie will start in the Southern States First in the spring and the spawn line moves up toward Michigan as the weeks pass by.

If you post that the spawn it on and no one knows what part of the county your fishing then it's not as much help to everyone as when they know where you are fishing.

I understand the reluctance of some people to give out name rank and serial number type information. We are bombarded with all kinds or requests for registration and then we can't eat supper at night without having to get up and answer the phone and talk to some telemarketer. But I have met a lot of really great people on this forum and I would never had met them if I didn't take the time to get to know them and let them get to know me too.

I like the idea of just saying that you from a area and not the exact city name. That give the necessary type of information to help those that study the fish a better idea where those fish are located.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    I've been meaning to suggest that very thing !

It's a simple thing to do, people ...... just click on the "User CP" link (see black band of links at top of page) - that takes you to the Control Panel screen - click on "edit profile" (in "Settings and Options" window) - and in the "Additional Information" window, at the bottom of the screen, you can fill in the "Location" blank (and any of the others that you care to) ... you don't even have to put an "exact" location - just the state, or area of the state you live in. (for example - I could put "Central KY" as my location, rather than the actual city name) Or, if you're lucky enough to live by a lake or relatively close (as some members do) ... you could put your location as "on Lake Snagalot", or "5miles from Lotsaslabs Lake", or whatever .....

It does help us to know what area you're from, and where you fish ... all lakes are a little different, and knowing "where" helps us determine what information is valid to those waters/conditions of your area. ...cp
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I agree totally. I rarely respond to a specific fishing question unless the poster has at least the location filled in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    I agree totally. I rarely respond to a specific fishing question unless the poster has at least the location filled in.
    Let's put it this way, you can't give specific responses most of the time without knowing the locations and lakes that are normally fished.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

New to Board
    Just went back in and edited profile, thanks for instructions.
    I wiil try not to ask to many Dumb ??'s
    So far I have seen alot of good information on Crappie fishing. It is alittle early for me with the temps in the upper 30's & low 40's to get to excited about fishing but it won't be long till spring.
    Thanks to all who post here, looks like a GREAT site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast