Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Triple Drizzle Cheesecake

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Triple Drizzle Cheesecake

Sorry.. not crappie.. but good for the holidays!

Triple Layer Cheesecake

Chocolate Crumb Crust (recipe follows)

3 packages (8oz.) Cream Cheese 3/4 cup sugar
    3 eggs 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
    3 tablespoons all purpose flour 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup butterscotch chips, melted
    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted 1 cup vanilla milk chips, melted
    Triple Drizzle (Optional)

* To melt chips, place chips in separate microwave safe bowls. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare chocolate crumb crust. In large mixer bowl on medium speed of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt; beat until blended. Stir 1 1/3 cups batter into melted butterscotch chips until smooth; pour into prepared crust. Stir 1 1/3 cups batter into melted chocolate chips until smooth; pour over butterscotch layer. Stir remaining batter into melted vanilla chips until smooth; pour over chocolate layer. Bake 55-60 minutes or until almost set in the center. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, immediately loosen cake from side of pan. Prepare Triple Drizzle; if desired; drizzle one flavor at a time over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate about 3 hours. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.

Chocolate Crumb Crust

1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs 1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1/4 cup powdered cocoa 1/3 cup butter or margarine; melted

In medium bowl, stir together crumbs, powdered sugar and cocoa. Stir in butter. Press mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2" up side of a 9" springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool completely.

Triple Drizzle

1 tablespoon each butterscotch chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and vanilla chips
    1 1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided (Do not use butter, margarine or oil)

In small microwave safe bowl, place butterscotch chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds, stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until melted when stirred. Repeat procedure with chocolate and vanilla chips.

My Changes

I make my chocolate crumb crust using chocolate cookie crumbs. You can buy oreo cookie crumbs or make your own by scraping the cream off the cookie and using a food processor to make the crumbs.
    I use 2 cups crumbs to 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix and press. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Cool completely.

For my cake
    1. I mix the cream cheese, sugar, flour and salt first
    2. I add the eggs next, one at a time; mixing well after each one.
    3. Then I add the sour cream and vanilla and mix until smooth

I cook my cheesecake in a water bath*

* Line outside of springform pan with a couple of layers of aluminum foil. Set the pan into a baking pan slightly larger. I use a jelly roll pan. Don't really matter just something that will hold a couple inches of water. Then I add an inch or two of HOT water in the larger pan.

I bake mine at 350 degrees for ONE hour and FIVE minutes. DO NOT open the oven door. Just turn the oven off. After an hour, crack the oven door. Leave in the oven for another 2-4 hours. Then I take it out and run a knife around the edges to loosen.
    Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.

With the Triple Drizzle, I melt my chips in a ziplock baggie. Put the chips and shortening in the corner of the baggie and twist the baggie around the chips/shortening. You can squish the chips/shortening to mix in the baggie. Once melted, I just cut a tiny corner out of the baggie and drizzle over my cake.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Anchorpuller..

I was just looking for a cheesecake recipie with butterscotch involved.....I'll sure have to try this one.............Merry Christmas ..