Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I am a Sorry Slab Slayer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am a Sorry Slab Slayer!

Well, I made my 3rd fishing trip this month and haven't caught a decent mess of crappie yet. I may need to throw all my bass gear back in the boat and go throw rattletraps.
    Crappie catching obviously requires much more than simply buying a few dozen minnows.
    Maybe the weather wasn't right today. Twenty MPH wind today out of the east.
    Okay, I'll go back to reading and watching video tapes. Who knows, I could become an expert and still not be able to catch any crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie
    Well, I made my 3rd fishing trip this month and haven't caught a decent mess of crappie yet. I may need to throw all my bass gear back in the boat and go throw rattletraps.
    Crappie catching obviously requires much more than simply buying a few dozen minnows.
    Maybe the weather wasn't right today. Twenty MPH wind today out of the east.
    Okay, I'll go back to reading and watching video tapes. Who knows, I could become an expert and still not be able to catch any crappie.

"When the wind is from the east the fish bite the least".

They should be about ready to spawn down your way. If they are, I'd be looking for them in the backs of coves on the north side of the lake in as shallow as 1 or 2 feet of water if it's stained and around 3 to 5 feet of water if it's pretty clear.

What's your surface temperature?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Give Up...

Perseverance, Perseverance, Perseverance......Keep Trying

I think we all have them days.........I know I've had my share of'em.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Surface temperature is 57 and still falling. It will probably continue falling until last January. Then it will stabilize for a while before starting a gradual rise.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my nose bloody 2 wks back- caught nothing. but I'm gonna be cookin their couzins soon!:D
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

ronnie if u become an expert and still not catch you will officially be a crappie fisherman like the rest of us...