Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Egypt Report 3/13/05

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Egypt Report 3/13/05

Had a great day today @ Egypt. Caught over 40 fish in less than two hours. Brought home 30, and all were over 11" Fish were in about 14' of water suspended at 6' around a boat dock. Fish were caught on minnows and cigar slip floats.

Wind was out of the north at 15-19 mph and it was about 35 degrees. Water temp. were I was fishing was 53 degrees.

Get out there and get them.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good day - I'm going to be down that way around the middle of April, planning on fishing Kinkaid, Crab Orchard, maybe Egypt. Where do you think I should start? Will the spawn be over on LOE by then? Thanks, tips welcomed.
    Steve

"BG" fisherman Guest

Hey Steve, its gonna b cold down here again this week in s. illinois. just about when the water was warming up, the weather here turns bad........again. alot of the local ponds r catching papermouths at 4' but ur arrival to s. illinois should b just in the knick of time for some great crappie fishing. the tube jigs in blue/white and black/chartreus dip fishing r working well. In my oppinion u cant beat the crappie at LOE especially when they hit the grass flats.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, for the info, BG, I was planning on hitting Crab Orchard and Kinkaid mostly, looks like I need to give LOE a look too. I expect we'll know more the closer we get.
    Steve