Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: WANTED:Transducer for hummingbird 100sx

Post Thanks / Like

Default WANTED:Transducer for hummingbird 100sx

I broke the cable on my transducer for my hummingbird 100sx. I plan on trying to fix it but I figured I ask around and see if anyone had one they wanted to sell. Appreciate any replys. Interested in any transducer thats compatible with the 100sx

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't find one you may have to go to humminbirds web site and find a new one there. They sell stuff for my old 1984 Humminbird LCR 8000 still. I got a new transducer for my unit last summer or was it the summer of 2003. Yea it was the summer of 2003. I picked up the transducer that is 200KHtz and fits on the trolling motor. Best decision I ever made when it comes to setting up my boat for crappie fishing tight line style or should I say slow trolling style. Now I can get myself right over the top of a brush pile or single stump on a dropoff in 20 ft of water every time.

I once fished all day long at Patoka Lake having a horrible day of fishing for crappie when I realized right before it got dark that I had the rear transducer hooked up to the depth sounder unit. I had hardly caught any fish that day. I bet that I fished for 3 or 4 hours before I realized what I had done. I immediately connected the depth sounder to the transducer on my trolling motor and started to IMMEDIATELY catch fish again. Larry from Southern IN was fishing the same area as I and was catching fish left and right. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. Hell I even started to use live minnows instead of my jigs and that didn't help unit I was able to switch the tranducers and then I started fishing where the brush piles and drop off actually were instead of 16 feet from them. BTW the boat is 16ft long. LOL

What a difference a transducer can make.

Forget trying to repair the cable as I have a feeling that it won't be easy to fix and get it to work right. There is a shielding around the cable probably and I don't know for sure but I would think that it would be hard to get a good waterproof seal on the spliced cable. I guess it depends on where exactly the able broke. You might be able to waterproof the splice by using that new stuff (liquid tape that goes on as a plastic in liquid form and then harders when it comes in contact with the air). I have a can of that stuff that I have not tried yet. I was going to use it to cover the bare ends of some wires to prevent them from shorting out. Or to water proof some splices that I made to my trailer wiring harness.

Hope you find a used transducer from someone and that it fixes your problem.
    I think I paid almost $60 bucks for my trolling motor tranducer and cabling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    I broke the cable on my transducer for my hummingbird 100sx. I plan on trying to fix it but I figured I ask around and see if anyone had one they wanted to sell. Appreciate any replys. Interested in any transducer thats compatible with the 100sx
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I saw on hummingbirds website the new transducers for roughly 50$. My unit the 100sx probaly isnt worth paying that much just to replace the transducer, because its probaly not even worth that now. I'm gonna see what i can find, and then go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Check on ebay frequently they have transducers only sometimes still in package.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out buying a replacment from Hummingbird. I lost the transducer off of my 100WideAngle, bought the generic replacment and it doesn't work worth a poot. The one they sold me fits about 10 different models. Here's a case where one size fits nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer on e-bay

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    Tube4slabs; there's a 100sx transducer at auction on e-bay..... the item number is 7141955769 maybe it'll be a good deal. If not and you still want to fix yours and are having trouble, PM me and I'll fix it for you and send it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Once again thanks for the help everybody. I'm gonna check out that one on ebay and if that doesnt work out we'll go from there. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

if they sold you one that was suppose to work with your particualr model and it did not or does not work then sent it back and get another one. They should not have sold you the wrong transducer. I am assuming that you told them what model you needed the new transducer. Sounds like a mistake has been made somewhere. I have found that the transducers are matched to different units and that you have to be careful when you get a new on. I would suggest anyone trying to find a new transducer for an older humminbird unit call the tech support people at humminbird and talk to them about which transdcuer to buy for your particular model.

I know for sure that one transducer does not work on all the different humminbird units that they have sold over the last 25 year. The connections are not all the same on the wires that hook up the cable to the deph sounder screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed Again
    Watch out buying a replacment from Hummingbird. I lost the transducer off of my 100WideAngle, bought the generic replacment and it doesn't work worth a poot. The one they sold me fits about 10 different models. Here's a case where one size fits nothing.
    Regards,

Moose1am